All reviews the cliff sea view bay of naples swimming pool swimming cap coach park private pier evening meal breakfast terrace sweet trolley the main hotel upgraded to a suite public rooms riviera travel hotel terrace bathing platform half board
Reviewed 26 September 2017

this was our 3rd visit to this hotel and although overall relatively pleased with it, this year we really noticed how off-hand and dour most of the staff were, apart from amado the night receptionist, Mario and the lido staff and 1 nice waitress in the dining room all the other staff were very off-hand and could barely return a greeting to you! this also includes the manager to whom I have written to several times regarding a laundry issue( which damaged a pair of designer trousers worth £195!!!) resulting in a completely ruined item, he won't return my emails even though we have been past clients on several occasions and informed me whilst on holiday that the laundry has insurance should any damage occur. this complete lack of courtesy and respect for clients bitterly disappoints, because of the great location it seems to me that its a case of" if you don't like it lump it" as the location will always sell the hotel.

Room Tip: pay for one of the better grade rooms as others are poor
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 September 2017

We stayed in this hotel for two nights.
I would start with the few good points that the hotel has:
Location: walkable from bus station, shops, restaurant.
Views: good views only if you have room with a view.
The Negatives:
Breakfast: such horrible breakfast. There were hardly any choice(the food was cold and nobody cared replenish). So we decided to have breakfast somewhere else.
Room service: they charged us 5 euros just to bring empty glasses to our room and it was not late night.
No iron service: additional charge.
No hot water: we had to leave early but there was no hot water in the bathroom. We even complained but no used. Was forced to use cold water for shower.
The hotel in no way deserves 4 star and we payed 5* prices for a horrible hotel. The rooms does not have extra sockets so we had to use the only socket used to plug in TV to charge our phones.
Deeply disappointed.

Stayed: August 2017
2  Thank Esha P
Reviewed 25 September 2017

I read some of the terrible reviews for this hotel AFTER I'd booked our holiday with Jet2 and wasn't at all looking forward to going based on the reviews, but there were 12 of us going to a wedding so we had all booked the same place. What a very pleasant surprise when we got there! It's a beautiful old hotel in a stunning cliff top location with amazing views over the bay towards Vesuvius. Our room was clean and spacious and was in the main hotel (fair enough, a lot of the bad reviewers seemed to stay in the annexe). The staff were all really pleasant, the food was good, with buffet breakfast outside on the terrace and dinner with waiter service in a very grand dining room. The hotel public areas are very elegantly furnished. Drinks are a bit overpriced. The sunbathing jetty was lovely as was the pool area although the pool was quite cold. Sorrento town centre is less than a 10 minute walk away. All in all we were delighted with this hotel.

Room Tip: Based on other reviews stay in the main hotel not the annexe
Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
3  Thank Janet M
Reviewed 22 September 2017 via mobile

I stayed in this hotel last week. It was my annual holiday with friends there were 11 of us in all . All but one were OAP's . The hotel is ideally situated for walking into Sorrento and for the bus and train station.
The hotel has an old world charm about it with great views from the breakfast area . I booked a room with a balcony but all that was a Juliet balcony so couldn't sit out on it which was what I thought I was getting .
The room itself was fine but the bathroom needed updating , the shower was tiny and the doors didn't shut . The toilet didn't flush very well either . Two of my friends booked a room without balcony and their room was much bigger and had an updated bathroom.
I reported the problems with the shower doors and toilet for four days before it was repaired .
The hotel lacked atmosphere we didn't drink in the bar as drinks were too expensive £10 to £12 for a gin and tonic depending on the gin !
Breakfast was ok but the hot food wasn't always very nice .
I found the staff friendly and helpful and the room was cleaned with fresh towels every day .
The jetty was ideal for sunbathing but the snack bar wasn't open and it is a long way to go for food as a result .
I stayed in the annex but friends who had rooms in main hotel had better size rooms and nicer bathrooms .
I'm afraid I would have to say the hotel is not value for money .

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
3  Thank 125francesm
Reviewed 17 September 2017 via mobile

Booked about 12 months ago and had been worried a little based on some of the reviews. However, all worries were put aside as soon as we had contact with the hotel/arrived. I e mailed the hotel in advance to advise we had paid more for a sea view room but would appreciate it if they could give us as high a floor as possible as we like to spend a lot of time on the balcony and attending the hotel (more expensive than our usual jaunts) was a treat for our wedding anniversary. They replied within hours a very friendly reply saying they would do their best. When we arrived they advised they had given us a free upgrade to a junior suite on the third floor which had stunning views, so much room, and couldn't fault it. No, it's not a modern hotel so if that's your thing then it's not for you however it is elegant and really special. Buildings that age do have faults and cracks - that's life. There were little imperfections in the room that come with age. Shower strong flow with plenty of hot water. Lovely smelling bedding. Our bed was also 2 singles pushed together but they often are and we don't care at all - plenty of space. Air con was perfect, cleaning immaculate daily, staff were all friendly to us at all times though not overbearing. 2 mins walk to the main square, directly opposite bus station where the trips collect from. Pool area is nice though we didn't spend much time there as it doesn't get the sun as much until later afternoon. Jetty stunning - could always get beds - and swimming in the sea from there watching the boats come in is really unforgettable. Breakfast is a bit hit and miss for the hot food that's true - e.g.some days nice poached eggs and bacon, some days a bit random but to be fair it's Italy not England so it's not going to be a traditional fry up daily, and there was a big selection enough for everyone to find something they like. Saw some guests when we were there being quite dismissive towards staff and ill mannered - perhaps some of those who felt the staff weren't friendly were reaping what they sowed. Making the effort to say hello and thank you in Italian is really not a big ask and goes a long way. The number of people we saw not bothering to do that was pretty embarrassing. Wouldn't hesitate to stay again, thanks so much to the hotel for an amazing experience.
We will be back when we can afford it! :-) also thanks to the lovely guy on the front desk who checked us out at 6am this morning and sorted out the issue we had with some people having incorrectly charged some drinks to our room. He was very patient and good about it. Drinks are expensive other than beer which is only around 50c more than the nearby bars for a pint. Fridge in room + Deco supermarket 400m away = 1.49 for a large bottle of Peroni or 4 euro for a nice local wine for the balcony - same view. Couple of nights after trips we were shattered so got take away pizza from Jonny's pizza near the supermarket (yellow shop front) - food and drink for the whole evening for 22 euro. We had a blast the whole holiday, loved it.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple