1,463 results
All reviews bay of naples the cliff head waiter marina grande our honeymoon junior suite walk into town amazing views standard room via capo overlooking the bay lovely hotel half board busy road mount vesuvius view from the balcony fishing village
Reviewed 16 August 2007

I stayed at this hotel with my Mum at the end of May and we found it to be absoloutely fantastic. As noted in other reviews, the views from the hotel are amazing - from the rooms and by the pool. The hotel is large and never seems overcrowded even when at full capacity. The people working at the hotel are wonderful and extremely helpful. Guiseppie on reception is just great. There are a number of regulars who want to keep the hotel a secret - and we could see why!! However, you have to give credit where it's due and it is definately due at this lovely hotel. My mum is going back with friends next year and I am sure I will be back myself before too long.

Date of stay: May 2007
2  Thank Rachel074
Reviewed 5 August 2007

After hours of searching through Trip Advisor we decided to stay at Hotel Belair. This is a small but very friendly hotel with EXCELLENT STAFF. The FOOD in the hotel was FANTASTIC!!
Different Menu every night with lots of choice and an excellent wine list. Dinner on the terrace watching the sun go down - what more can you ask for! All the rooms have sea/pool views across the Bay of Naples and over to Vesuvius. The Hotel is about a 10/15 minute walk into the centre of Sorrento. (down a busy road). There were not many children at this hotel however our 12 year old daughter thoroughly enjoyed her stay at this hotel. In conclusion I would recommend this hotel and hope to be able to visit again in the future.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Ayrshire1Scotland
Reviewed 1 August 2007

Just returned from a fabulous fortnight at the Belair. My wife and I enjoyed an excellent holiday.
The hotel has two main assets - its staff and its views. The staff - from room maid to porter to Reception to Rossano the barman to Michele the restaurant Maitre'd - couldn't do enough for us, and always with a smile. All rooms have a view across the bay of Naples to Vesuvius with the town of Sorrento spread out to the right, below.
The hotel has about 48 rooms. This relatively small size allows the staff to develop the personal touch. We took a junior suite which has a seating area and a terrace as opposed to a balcony. This was worthwhile as the terrace had mini sun loungers in addition to a table and chairs. The rooms have a free safe and a mini-bar/fridge. Dinner on the restaurant terrace with the setting sun and the view across to Vesuvius was a priceless experience. Four course meals with all but the hors d'oeuvres starter not only waiter service but silver service, at your table. A varied and tasty menu with plenty of choice, vegetarian options and local dishes. A wide selection of wines with house red and white about 12 euros and excellent local wines about 20 - 25 euros. The friendliness and efficiency of the waiters is superb.
Minor gripes: I'm not a fan of the chintzy decor that seems to be a feature of all Sorrento hotels and the smallish pool deck could do with more sun umbrellas.
However, I can't finish on a negative note. The Belair is a clean, well-run and welcoming hotel. It's location, with the road above and the rooms on floors descending the cliff, means that there is no traffic noise and all rooms have a seaview. We will certainly return and I would recommend the hotel to anyone looking for a relaxing, quality holiday.

3  Thank Glasgow_Member06
Reviewed 31 July 2007

We stayed at the Belair whilst celebrating our silver wedding anniversary and I had asked the reception staff to arrange a few surprises for my wife - I am pleased to say that the staff excelled themselves.Everything was sorted,with minimum fuss,and maximum efficiency,and,most importantly,with a smile and genuine warmth.
The rooms and facilities are excellent,with quite possibly the best sea views,as standard,in the Med.This is a small,traditional,hotel with the emphasis on old fashioned courtesy and hospitality,and the fixtures and fittings reflect this.
Food is, notoriously ,on this site,an individualistic issue.For us,the authentic Italian menus were fabulous and entirely in keeping with the nature and philosophy of the hotel.
We encountered many repeat guests and can certainly appreciate their point of view.
I simply cannot think of anything negative to say about the Belair!
Undoubtedly,guests are satiated as soon as they look out from their balcony across to Vesuvius,but to me,this hotel's strongest point is its staff team.They offer great service without servility only wanting to help you enjoy,to the full,your time with them.
In our case,they succeeded admirably - I would ,without reservation,recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank Peewak
Reviewed 31 July 2007

We stayed at Hotel Belair for a week in July and have nothing but the highest praise. We were in Room 305 - although it doesn't really matter what room you get because they all look over over the sea, and have exceptional views. Although everything was great, we were particularly impressed by the staff, who booked restaurants for us, gave all the suggestions needed and even went out their way to help us track our lost luggage when it missing at Naples Airport.

It is a mere 10 mins walk from the Sorrento and very quiet because it faces directly onto the sea (i.e. the road is behind the room so there is no noise). Overall we loved this place, and will be returning as soon as we get the chance.

2  Thank richardandpoppy