1,168 results
All reviews shuttle bus evening meal bay of naples every hour st agata half board sun terrace amazing views pool area a family run hotel lovely hotel riviera travel continental style boiled eggs minute drive free shuttle service the hotel offers
Reviewed 11 September 2017

I have just returned after a two week holiday at this wonderful hotel. From the very start I was well looked after by a very attentive and friendly staff. This was especially important to me having travelled alone for this holiday and being very apprehensive about this beforehand - I need not have worried, . The room given to me exceeded any expectation I had - a wonderful view of the Bay of Naples with Vesuvius in the distance and Sorrento below. It was a view I never tired of. The room had a very modern bathroom and I found the soundproofing to be perfectly adequate. Yes you do hear the toilet flushing in the room next door or shower going but it is not intrusive. The maids cleaned my room every day usually by the time I went back to the room late afternoon.
I spent most of the time sunbathing on the terrace above the pool and never had a problem finding a comfortable position. It was often fairly empty with many in the hotel on day trips. The pool was fine, not heated but once under the water it was very refreshing.
The one organised trip I went on was a day cruise along the Amalfi coast which I did through the hotel who gave me a brochure of various trips which could be booked through them.
The shuttle bus was very effective and popular amongst the guest and provided a comfortable ride to and from Sorrento. The day before flying home due to adverse weather I decided to walk to and from Sorrento, The hotel gave me a map which avoided walking along the route the bus took. and going down to Sorrento was no problem. Coming back..... I realised how unfit I was and was grateful that the sun was not beating down on me. For those reasonably fit it would prove to be a pleasant alternative to the bus.
Food in the hotel was fine. Plenty of choice for breakfast, ranging from sausages and eggs, cereal, yoghurts, fresh fruit and cake. Evening meals allowed for a range of choices and was served by a very attentive and polite staff - as mentioned in other reviews Tony provided the entertainment at meal times which was greatly appreciated.
The hotel is a little isolated but for me that is part of it's charm away from the town but with the bus allowing easy access into Sorrento if wanted.
IN summary I would certainly recommend this hotel to family and friends and have to say that the staff at this hotel were the nicest and most genuine I have encountered in all the places I have been to.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
6  Thank Harrowlad
Reviewed 11 September 2017 via mobile

From Sorrento train station we caught a Sita bus for 1.3€ and drops you right at the front door. Alternatively you can walk for 10-15 mins and catch the free shuttle (times available on hotel website). We had a thoroughly enjoyable stay
The good points:
- hotel is spotless and all staff friendly and helpful and also spoke very good English
- room was large, with a balcony and small table and 2 chairs outside
- room air con was quiet and efficient
- room contained a small safe and a fridge
- bathroom had both shower and bath as well as all usual bathroom bits and pieces
- bathroom also has an hair dryer
- we had half board and found plenty of choice at breakfast and lasted from 07.30-10.00
- you order your evening food at breakfast and the 3 course choice is very good and changes daily
- we found the quality and variety of the food to be excellent
- evening meal runs from 1900-2115
- views from the dining room across the bay of Naples
- shuttle bus is a big plus and runs hourly pretty much to schedule with the last bus back from Sorrento at 2330. Just be aware there is a break in service for about 3 hours from mid day
- pool area is good with plenty of sun beds available
- views are sensational from all areas of the hotel
- free wifi available, but quite slow

On the whole a great hotel but some negative points for balance:
- pool towels cost 2€ per person per day, so quickly adds up or bring your own to avoid the extra cost
- drinks are hotel prices at 5.5€ for a draught beer, 6.5€ for prosecco and 2€ for a bag of crisps
- can be noisy in room from water pipes and use of shower by neighbours
- there are no other bars / restaurants within safe walking distance of the hotel so if this is an issue, it's not for you
- pool is not heated
- room would benefit from tea / coffee making facilities
- don't forget to add city tax to your budget at 1.5€ per person per day

All in all we thoroughly enjoyed our stay and would happily recommend to friends.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Mike F
Reviewed 10 September 2017

Just back from this hotel 9/8/17. Absolutely lovely hotel, clean, food excellent, pool so clean and we had an upgraded room with huge balcony which was great. Outstanding views. Now I read before I went that the shuttle bus was excellent which it was but you have to realise that you can't walk anywhere when you are in this hotel. You are 15 minutes uphill from Sorrento and the roads are so precarious and windey you would take your life in your hands walking it!!! So you are very restricted and have to time it to catch the shuttle which runs every hour with a 3 hour break at lunchtime. So if you like having a walk during the day or after dinner you can't. So nice hotel but wouldn't return because of this. Also no courtesy room and you vacate your room at 10am. Hot showers at pool and toilets upstairs in an alcove area to change into clothes. But again not many hotels that don't have a room to change. Long day if you have a late flight. However loved Sorrento it's a lovely place and trips to Pompeii, Mount Vesuvius and Capri were really good. Must mention Tony, Mr Fantastico and Mr Incredible waiter in restaurant. What a character. Good fun.

Room Tip: Rooms with views. Ours was 240
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 September 2017

Booked this hotel with a Jet 2 package. I hate packages but we left it too late to book this year. However, Jet 2 were fine and this hotel, for the price, was superb. Clearly the setting and view's are the main asset, plus it's a little cooler at this height. The side sea view room was a reasonable size, basic but nicely furnished and had a pleasant balcony. Importantly, the bed was comfortable and not too hard or soft. The air conditioning was welcome and not too noisy. Fresh towels daily (bring your own pool towels) and the hotel was very clean throughout. Sometimes the room wasn't cleaned until late afternoon. The pool area is lovely with hot showers and toilet / changing room. Water was even warm enough to allow me a couple of refreshing dips! I'm not much of a sunbather but I found the sun-beds reasonably comfortable and plentiful. Children are not allowed on to the roof-top solarium. I DO take exception to people 'bagging' sun-beds by the pool by placing towels on them before breakfast. The hotel should discourage this practice which, it has to be said, was usually performed by my fellow Brits.
As far as food is concerned, we stayed half-board for 14 nights and this was probably 4 nights too long. The food is absolutely fine but the menu became a little tiresome after 10 days. You can order a starter for your main course if you wish (I can recommend the Lasagne). There is a buffet once per week which is very good. Try the superb restaurant Il Fenile just outside St Agata for lunch or for a change in the evening.
Breakfast is fine with plenty of choice though you'll not get a 'full english' so get over it! Again, breakfast became a little tiresome but I'm being spoiled by now. The lunch menu is nice and reasonably priced. The burger is very nice for €9. Bar prices are reasonable but wine can be quite expensive if you have a bottle with your evening meal and tire of the 'house' wine (€13).
Service was largely very good but the younger, less experienced members of the waiting staff had a lot to learn and could be very forgetful.
Shuttle buses are great and reliable, delayed only by peak Sorrento holiday traffic.
Reception staff were friendly, knowledgeable and helpful.
This review is 'Warts and all' but you will notice that I have rated the hotel as excellent because, for the cost, it is and you shouldn't hesitate to book. Just make sure that you get a sea-view/side sea-view room.

Room Tip: Side sea view rooms are best. One room has a terrace on the roof-top solarium and so lacks privacy.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank davido932
Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

Stayed here for short break and it is a very clean comfortable hotel. Staff attentive but rather robotic - felt there was a lack of the personal touch. No entertainment on evening so if you didn't go into town hotel was rather boring. Menu didn't alter and if you did find something you liked it would not be the same next time you ordered it.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple