“Above average for pool side restaurant”

L'Orangerie Poolside Bar & Restaurant
Reserve with
L'Orangerie Poolside Bar & Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #64 of 309 Restaurants in Sorrento
Price range: USD 34 - USD 68
Cuisines: Italian, Steakhouse
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: L’Orangerie poolside bar & restaurant offers delicious favourites in a relaxed and comfortable setting. Located in the orange grove by the pool area, L'Orangerie is open every day for lunch and dinner during the summer season. We create our mouth-watering dishes using three principles at L'Orangerie: Mediterranean character, absolute quality in raw materials and modernity. The menu supports local food producers and regional flavours. At night, the restaurant's bar transforms into a glamorous lounge area serving late night tapas style, delicious small plates and local and international wines and exotic speciality cocktails.
Reviewed 30 June 2017

This restaurant was at our hotel so we ate here several times. The calamari was excellent as well as the smoothies. We had a great pasta too. This is a very good restaurant casual dress too.

Reviewed 25 June 2017 via mobile

My fiancée and I decided to give this place a go for dinner and we were not disappointed with the food, the service was a mixed bag sadly. We could not complain about the speed of service or the attentiveness, but the attitude of our waiter was very poor.

The food was delicious and the options varied, as usual the wine list was plentiful and the food options were fantastic.

A special mention for my pudding which was a chocolate sphere which was served with hot sauce which melted the sphere to reveal Cointreau ice cream, it was delicious.

The restaurant itself is a hotel restaurant which has access from the street. The front looks more like a shop than a restaurant which is what got our attention. The grounds themselves are very attractive and the setting was beautiful, the flame lit garden was pretty and a great place for dinner.

It should be noted that this is not a cheap place to eat, but we'll worth it if you want a delicious meal, just a shame about the one waiter who let the whole experience down.

Reviewed 20 June 2017 via mobile

We just passed by this restaurant and what a surprise. From the service to the food, me and my wife were definitely pleased with great mediterranean plates. A must return!

Reviewed 16 June 2017

We visited L'Orangerie because I read they had vegetarian options - indeed it does. But the food wasn't great and it's way overpriced. Also, we wanted to look around the grounds a bit because we were scouting wedding locations, and the staff shooed us away after we finished eating when we tried to look around. Like we weren't good enough to interact with their hotel guests. Really rude.

Reviewed 22 May 2017 via mobile

I love this place. I ate here for the first time when visiting Sorrento for a friends wedding some years ago in 2013. I've lost count how many times I've returned! It's a modern dining experience but outside, Al Fresco at its best. The service is warm, friendly and cheerful, which is a state of mind you get from being outside eating and drinking with the delicious flavours prepared by the team of chefs who are on view for you to watch while they prepare your meal. In moments of wistful day dreaming I wish I was here - again and again!
Importantly the ambience sets the tone but more so is the food. The menu is varied as well as 'specials' which are often sea food content. There are meaty choices for those not wanting fish. I and my party had meatballs with mash potatoes and a tomato based sauce which was described, " like momma used to make ". We went back the following day to have it all again!
I could go on and on, but you know the best advice I suggest is give it a go, and if you are disappointed, then tell them because they will do everything possible to make your visit a wonderful memory!

1  Thank vittoriomilanogarda