1,133 results
All reviews loft room painted ceiling jacuzzi shower breakfast room pedestrian street amalfi coast la lanterna cakes central location boutique hotel beautiful room breakfast was amazing train station rooftop terrace every morning small hotel beautiful hotel
Reviewed 31 December 2016

Stayed here as a couple with our 18 year old son for four days in December. The hotel is well located in the centre of the old town on a pedestrian street. It is a smaller scale hotel, which is what we were looking for, in an old palace. The breakfast room is like a movie set with a great breakfast to go with it. The rooms were very good, a larger top floor room (301) with a balcony and view over the rooftops to Mount Vesuvius, and a family room (201) for my son - the last one shown on booking.com when we booked.

Very friendly reception staff and a relaxed atmosphere. Rooms were warm in a town which was suffering from cold, winter nights. The reception staff were also helpful in arranging a car transfer to and from Naples airport and in making recommendations for restaurants.

All in all, I'd thoroughly recommend this as competing with the larger, even grander palaces looking directly into the sea.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank Eurofolk
Sergio T, Proprietario at Maison Tofani, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2017

Dear Guests,
I want to thank you for your detailed description and for the great review that I’ve received for my Maison.
I’m glad that you had a pleasant stay.
We are waiting for you again as soon as possible.
Together with my staff, I send you our kindest regards,
Maria D’Esposito

Reviewed 10 December 2016 via mobile

Never wrote a review before, but couldn't stop myself after this staying.
We have stayed for 6 nights.
The room is large and very convenient. We came with our 3 months old baby. And they let us feel so natural.
The crew is something else. Very helpful and attentive.
The parking valet is convenient. Since the hotel location is just in the very center.
Generally, Sorrento is a great place to stay and to travel all around...Naples,Pompeii, Amalfi coast.
Recommending this absolutely.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank OmerM353
Sergio T, Proprietario at Maison Tofani, responded to this reviewResponded 19 December 2016

Reviewed 6 December 2016

Maison Tofani
We cannot say enough nice things about this boutique hotel. Our “classic” room was spacious, the tile floor beautiful, and the bed very comfortable. We did not use the spa features in the tub/shower, so we cannot comment on that. Robes and slippers were furnished, and a small refrigerator in the room had water, liquor, beer, and a couple of snacks. Our room had a small balcony which overlooked a pedestrian side street, and a bar was across the street. Noise was not a problem but could possibly be in tourist season. Wifi was available in the room. We had a few issues with logging on, but that may just have been us. When logged on, the wifi worked great. Breakfast was amazing. In addition to cereal, eggs, meat, breads, cheese, yogurts, and juices, which were served buffet style, our very own platters of grilled vegetables, sweets, and fruits were brought to our table. Any kind of coffee, tea, hot chocolate, etc., was made for us. The breakfast room itself is gorgeous. Oh, that ceiling! The pictures don't do it justice. More importantly than this, however, was the helpfulness of Mrs. Tofani and her staff. They were very attentive to our needs, not only at breakfast but throughout the day. We had a car for several days, which we parked at Central Parking, recommended on the Maison Tofani website. Since the hotel is located on a pedestrian street, the Central Parking shuttle took us to a nearby street where we were met by a member of the Maison Tofani staff, who walked us to the hotel. When we were leaving Sorrento, Central Parking drove our car to the same spot, and a Maison Tofani staff member helped us with our luggage and waited until the car arrived. (The Central Parking staff was great, too, despite the language barrier.)

Maison Tofani does not have a view of the sea, if that is important to you. It is, however, centrally located to everything, and only a short walk to the elevator down to the beach. I read in the reviews about the roof top terrace, but in November it was not mentioned. It was too cold and rainy anyway. There is a bar during the afternoon and evening, but we never took advantage of that. We had a wonderful time in Sorrento and at Maison Tofani. Our thanks to Rita Tofani, George (I hope I have his correct name) who delivered my forgotten raincoat to our room, Giuseppe, and the lady who welcomed us each morning with breakfast, and whose name I am embarrassed to say I never learned. You were all very gracious and helped to make our stay in Sorrento a memorable one.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank jcp07

On behalf of the Maison Tofani staff, I want to thank you for your kindness and for your beautiful words. They make us feel gratified with our work!
We hope to see you again as soon as possible.
Best regards,

Reviewed 30 November 2016 via mobile

I would name this the best hotel in Sorrento! The rooms and hotel itself are very unique. It is filled with art and beautiful design. Our room was the loft with Terrace. It was clean, cosy with great amenities. The staff were very helpful and always ready to assist when needed. The breakfast here was the best of the trip! Highly recommended!

Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Tripreviews999

Reviewed 24 November 2016 via mobile

A fantastic place to stay in the heart of the Sorrento. Close enough to walk to the station, the port (a lot of stairs though! Take the lift) and wander along the streets. Given the location we expected the rooms to be relatively noisy but were pleasantly surprised at how well the rooms kept out the hustle and bustle of the market streets below.
The rooms were a perfect mix of modern and rustic charm. Staff were very friendly. The breakfast area was beautiful as was the food.
The only thing stopping this from being a five star hotel is not having room service, although there are a multitude of places to eat nearby.

Stayed: September 2016