“Amazing gluten free pizza!”

Ristorante La Fenice Sorrento
Ranked #98 of 318 Restaurants in Sorrento
Price range: USD 11 - USD 80
Cuisines: European
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: A few steps from the center of Sorrento, in a lush green atmosphere and an intimate and atmospheric room, taking up the Mediterranean spirit that animates the entire restaurant, "Ristorante La Fenice" offers a cuisine that mixes different tastes and suggestions, evolution of the regional tradition and perfect synthesis of ancient tastes and new experiences. Guests are welcomed in a warm and sober atmosphere, ideal for a candlelit dinner, but also for small ceremonies, business lunches and dinners, with carefully selected menus based on the needs of each client. You always have a wide selection of vegetables available, on our buffet to be seasoned with the renowned oil of our land. You can choose from a wide selection of appetizers, first and second courses, all tantalizing and appetizing, prepared using the best local products, always fresh and controlled, to offer customers a high quality dish. A wide selection of wines will accompany our dishes.
Reviewed 4 August 2018 via mobile

Lovely meal... really enjoyed and as it is approved by the Italian coeliac council could eat knowing we wouldn’t then be ill! Lovely thanks you

Reviewed 30 July 2018 via mobile

A little bit off the West end of the main up-market shopping street, Corso Italia, but nearby. It’s still situated on a busy street and near a hospital, so dining al fresco isn’t a quiet affair. But you get a chance to people-watch all the restaurant arrivals and the food is worth it.

A lovely greeting from the first member of staff who welcomed my daughter’s Italian request for a table.

We were seated outside and perused an extensive menu. I shared the seafood and fish antipasto platter and it was well-seasoned beautifully arranged and so fresh-tasting.

I had a selection of grilled meat. Each component was beautifully tender. The frites I ordered were cut so as to have thin edges and thicker middles. A cross-section would be a crescent shape. They were crispy and the best I’ve had in a long time.

It was a busy Saturday night and the restaurant filled-up quickly. It’s a place for families, even with young kids, to eat attractive and tasty food. It’s not quiet or intimate but inside you may find a peaceful corner.

A large group arrived and taking orders appeared to slow-up. However, the staff were pretty efficient and multi-tasked, so we encountered many of the staff. I had to ask for a sharper meat knife but generally a very professional table service.

The rest of the party enjoyed their food and wine too. An ice bucket for the wine served to cool my bottle of beer too.

We thought this was a good restaurant with something for everyone. The speciality is clearly seafood and fish but there’s many other choices. The menu tells you if something is cooked from frozen (lamb chops for instance).

We didn’t stay for coffee or dessert but saw a flambé in progress and may be tempted again.

Reviewed 29 July 2018 via mobile

My girlfriend and I had such a great meal that we came back the next night. The pizza was incredible and the gnocchi sorrentina was also delicious. My girlfriend is gluten free and they had a whole menu including pasta and pizza for her which was great. I would highly highly recommend.

Reviewed 28 July 2018 via mobile

A nice place and the food is good. Very extensive choice of fresh fish and seafood. I had the Pizza frutti da mare, delicious! Staff attentive and service good. Only drawback is that it is on a busy main road.

Reviewed 23 July 2018 via mobile

The octopus and the mussels were excellent, the pizza just ok, my recommendation take the fish. Service was good prices average.