“STUNNING FIND”
Review of Vasilico

Vasilico
Ranked #77 of 816 Restaurants in Salerno
Price range: USD 7 - USD 35
Description: Dall'esperienza ventennale della chef Anna Clara Capacchione nasce Vasilicò, un ristorante che fa dei prodotti tipici il suo cavallo di battaglia. I piatti della cucina tradizionale offerti da Vasilicò variano a seconda della stagione. Un menù ricco e vario composto da cibi a chilometro zero. Ad accompagnare il tutto, dell'ottimo vino ed un servizio d'eccellenza.
Reviewed 3 August 2017 via mobile

You have to go looking for this quiet restaurant tucked away on an alley that connects a busy shopping area in Salerno with the manic road called Via Roma. But the search is well worth it as Vasilico delivers on all levels. The staff are extraordinarily helpful, especially to two travellers who can just about get by in Italian. Patiently and with much searching of translation sites on mobile phones, description by arm and hand gestures, we got to grips with the menu where a 2nd piece of paper described the extra specials for that evening and made our choices even more delicious.

The pasta dishes we chose were cooked from start, nothing on standby, we had a complimentary starter, delicious Prosecco, and food fit for royalty. The dolci were also handmade in the kitchen and took a comfortable time to prepare. Equal in taste to the mains.

This is worth the hunt and the price including two glasses of excellent house red wine and the obligatory limon and, in my case, fennel-cellos, 47 euros!

Bravissimo.

Reviewed 29 June 2017 via mobile

For sure is the best restaurant in town, explosion in flavors in a cozy ambient.
I drunk a amazing special bier from Rome.

Reviewed 2 May 2017

My husband and I stumbled upon this little restaurant when wandering around Salerno one night looking for food. The service was wonderful and incredibly friendly (even with her supposedly broken English which was fine!) and the food was outstanding. We noticed that the majority of people eating in were locals so I believe this is a bit of a hidden gem in Salerno. We mostly stuck with a few antipasti (tuna tartare which was incredible and some kind of clam and spinach quiche) and a bottle of wine. Absolutely fabulous, and one of our favorite meals that we had on the trip.

Reviewed 9 October 2016 via mobile

I went to this restaurant Sunday with my fiancee.
We ordered 2 starter, parmigiana di melanzane and polpette di melanzane.
Main course: 1 handmade "Cavatielli" with courgette flowers and hazelnuts.
1 Paccheri with cherry tomato and provolone del monaco.
1 dessert, tiramisu.
Everything was amazing,excellent.
The service was very well.
5/5.

1  Thank Situation1989
Reviewed 25 August 2016 via mobile

Spoiler: this will be my most positive review on Tripadvisor *ever*.

We discovered this place during a short visit to Salerno. A little by mistake, as the restaurant is on a little place away from the main streets of the city. We liked the menu from the very first sight. A handful of very simple Italian dishes, which sound at the same time appealing and fresh. Not touristic at all, but rather frequented by locals. The menu is in Italian only, and the staff speaks limited English. This is a very good sign! Add the very nice outdoor seating, cosy and unexpected in such a place. We did sit.

The food was truly awesome. Of all we could take over our three visits there, we didn't find any single dish that didn't please us. The portions are not the biggest, but largely sufficient. And the taste... all the time a real delight. Fresh, perfectly cooked, nicely seasoned. I especially recommend the cod fish. That being said, really, I can't believe you can go wrong. By far the best food I ever experienced in Italy.

This, plus friendly staff and very reasonable pricing for the quality (lower prices than most "touristic" restaurants), free appetizers, digestive (limoncello) and cookies at the end of the meal. All the ingredients of a wonderful dinner.

I couldn't recommend this place more. We came three times, even taking the train from Naples on our last day just for going there one last time. Each visit confirmed our first impression: a very nice little place, very Italian, which misses only one thing: more clients!