All reviews amalfi coast tobacco shop buy tickets a lovely stay the bus private terrace stayed here for nights breathtaking views would definitely stay here again i highly recommend this hotel wonderful hotel min walk maddalena regis magdalena stairs town
Reviewed 7 August 2018 via mobile

It was more like a bed and breakfast. Room was nice with nice balcony and nice view. Breakfast was boring and if they ran out of sth they wouldn’t fill it up, and they would say it would cost extra to get the thing that was finished! Air condition wasn’t working very good and it was warm indoor. They didn’t change the sheets and the towels had lots of stains on them which makes you doubt that they were washed?!
It was okay otherwise.

Stayed: August 2018
Reviewed 1 July 2018

I have visited Amalfi before this hotel far exceeded my expectations. A brief taxi ride up the hills welcoming staff at check-in. I love very modern and clean. What a hidden gem. My room was amazing. I had a window that looked out at the ocean. My friend has a suite, complete with balcony. Proper lounging furniture overlooking the ocean very affordable. We were weary from travel. Christiana the host suggested we stay at the hotel for dinner. I actually met the chef while lounging on the entrance deck. Everyone went out of their way to make you comfortable. My room was all white. I loved it. The shower was very nice great hot water pressure which is most important.
Pre dinner drinks on the balcony. The dining area was also overlooking the ocean. The food was as good as any I have had in Italy. Glad we stayed in. The full moon rose over the ocean. Magical.
Sadly we only stayed one night. Breakfast was a real treat. A huge table of foods and pastry’s to choose from
I would certainly recommend this to anyone. Beautiful. Incredibly nice staff. Even their mascot puppy greets you at the entrance.
I plan to go back next year for several days. From Amalfi you can take water ferry’s to Capri and other remote islands for the day. This property is tucked away in the hills. About 20 minutes from the noise and tourist area. We took a taxi. But there is a local bus that runs hourly for a mere 1.20E.

I highly recommend for your stay in Amalfi.

I loved it.

Room Tip: I booked on Expedia at the last minute. I would call the hotel directly to request prime rooms
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank Bill B
Reviewed 29 June 2018 via mobile

AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE!!! First off, it’s located in a terrible location because it’s far away from the Amalfi duomo/restaurants/pier. You can’t walk to/from there due to the dangerous mountainous roads so you’re stuck waiting for bus that stops around 10pm.

My girlfriend and I fell for all of the great reviews-don’t let this happen to you!! The hotel was awful for a number of reasons. We booked the “deluxe room with sea view” (in this exact room picture there was a balcony)and even called the next day to confirm the room would have a balcony-and we were assured it would have one. The day we showed up the middle aged dark haired Italian lady Magdalena informed us that our room did not have one! As she walked us to our room she tried to upsell us on everything and informed us the jacuzzi we were walking by costs an additional 50 Euro to use. We walk inside a common area to access the extremely dark rooms and are finally led to the room. No balcony-and the window was like a submarine window-about 3’x2’. As we were claustrophobically processing the room, i sat my plastic bag that had bottled waters inside of it on the comforter, and the lady yelled at me and put the bag on the floor!!!!!!!!

After she left, as my girlfriend and i were feeling trapped like prisoners inside our room, I immediately called hotels.com to remedy the situation. At this point we both knew we didn’t feel at all comfortable at Hotel Villa Felice Relias. Hotels.com callled the hotel and the same lady refused to speak to them because they didn’t speak Italian!!! Luckily hotels.com refunded our non-refundable 3 day reservation right away and we found a much better place closer to Amalfi, for less.

There’s only 11 units or so and only (about) 3 have balcony’s. It’s a mom and pop operation. I’ve never felt so unwelcome in an establishment as I did there. I was very nice to the lady throughout and she was extremely hostile toward us both. Special thanks to hotels.com to refunding our money on the spot so we could stay in a real, welcoming hotel!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank limaandcharlie
Reviewed 2 June 2018

We recently stayed at the Villa Felice Relais May 20-23. The most amazing view I have ever experienced from the room and terrace. The same view from the restaurant as well. Room was perfect, staff was excellent and the breakfast was outstanding (I guess you cant please everyone). The walk to town was great in the morning (all downhill 30 min) with a view that made it seem like 5 min and we would return by bus or taxi, it was easy and painless. would definitely stay here again. Thanks for your hospitality.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank bruceleemc
Reviewed 5 February 2018 via mobile

Myself and partner have just returned from the Amalfi Coast and stayed here for 3 nights.
We was met by the lovely receptionist who was very friendly, and showed us to our room which was accessible through a separate main door not via main door so you can come and go as you please.
Room was clean,modern and comfortable with a balcony with AMAZING views!
We did find room a little chilly but found a extra duvet so not a problem. Bed was so comfortable. There is no tea and coffee facilities in the room just something to be aware of. A lovely Continental Breakfast was served in the main building with plenty of everything.
Due to being off peak the restaurant in the hotel was closed which was a shame but understandable as think was just us at the hotel!
Now as for LOCATION- so this hotel is a little bit away for the Amalfi town and has no facilities like shops or restaurants In the area but going to and fro town is quite simple. So we walked in to town everyday down a LOT of steps, now I mean a LOT! Maby not suitable for the elderly or the unfit. After the steps was a bit of walking on the road before arriving in town the walk overall took around 30 mins. Now to come back we caught the hourly bus back which was easy but tickets must be brought from the tobacco-shop near bus station. Can always get the bus to town aswell as bus stop is right outside!
Overall was a lovely stay in a beautiful clean room and location although a little out the way was no problem for us! Would definitely stay here again

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple