Miramalfi Hotel
Le Palme(Amalfi)
Hotel Aurora(Amalfi)
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsthe cliffamalfi coastdifferent levelsamazing viewssuperior roomrestaurant staffshuttle servicethe hotel shuttle buscorner roomsun loungerswalk into townnarrow roadsea leveloverlooking amalfiper dayhighly recommend this hotelwonderful hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 August 2017 via mobile

Had one of our best meals in Italy at this Restuarant. Service was excellent as was the food. Not a cheap meal but spectacular.
I had the octopus while my wife enjoyed the lobster from the starter menu. For seconde I ordered the lamb and my wife had the swordfish special. All washed down with a local Pinot Grigio

Reviewed 12 August 2017 via mobile

Our enjoyable Campania trip ended in Amalfi, where we booked 3 nights in Miramalfi hotel. We were looking forward to relax in the Miramalfi hotel, as we had great expectations, given the price, the pictures on their website.

The reality was different, to our great disappointment:

- the reception looks like a characterless office block built in the sixties, so is the resaurant area.
- there are extra charges for fresh squized orange juice, extra towel at swimming pool.
- the time schedule of the shuttle service is not practical, every evening after diner in town, we paid a ridiculous taxi fare back up to the hotel.
- the pool is dirty, as well as the beach area, the terraces of the rooms.
- the elevators are tiny and scary.
- no hotel service at all
- the rooms are noisy, and unmodernised.

A soulless place, a tourist trap, compared to the other hotels we stayed in, in the region during our trip, but this one was so disappointing.

Never ever again you will see us, owners of Miramalfi hotel!! We can only recommend that you go on a course to learn what 'service' means in the hotel industry !

Ka

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
5  Thank karel_dh
Reviewed 10 August 2017

Stayed here with my husband for seven nights in July and just loved it. I have stayed in Amalfi many times and feel for value this is hard to beat.
We had a superior room which was large with a lovely balcony furnished with two sunbeds and a table an chairs. As others have said the views are to die for.
The sea is accessed by a convenient lift which takes you to sea level or restaurant level. There were many sunbeds and a lovely swimming pool just big enough to cool off in. I felt the pool area could do with a bit of TLC as the steps into the pool were wonky and eventually removed and it took a few days to replace them. (There is a second set of steps around the other side of the pool. Also wonky) The sun shades by the water were a bit scruffy but it didn't spoil our holiday as swimming from the steps was sheer heaven.
The staff in the hotel were very friendly and helpful even arranging an appointment for me in a nearby nails salon to repair my gel finish.
There has been much said about the walk into Amalfi and I am 64 and my husband is 65 and we managed it very easily most nights. We used the shuttle sometimes and a taxi back sometimes but we also walked down and up frequently. You have to be careful when you cross the road but use the steps down to the harbour and it shortens the journey considerably.
I didn't eat dinner in the hotel but the breakfast was fantastic. Lots of choice savoury and sweet and friendly helpful staff. We ate in the lovely restaurant above the pool which has the most gorgeous views. The food was Ok but a little repetitive. The staff were very nice and efficient.
Overall I really like this hotel, it is expensive but so is the whole town. I have stayed at the Santa Caterina in Amalfi but prefer this as it is more friendly and less stuffy.

Room Tip: Sea view rooma and upgrade to superior if you can.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Dianne W
Reviewed 7 August 2017 via mobile

This hotel is definitely worth the stay- brilliant value for money. Staff were lovely and eager to assist with any queries. Breakfast is great with a lot of choice. To be honest, it's worth it just for the spectacular views- I really can't imagine you would get better. Pool and beach area is also great- never too busy and we never had a problem finding a sun lounger.

The reason I've knocked a star off is because of the room. It was surprisingly small compared to the luxuries of the rest of the hotel. Walls were quite thin as well and we had some rather noisy neighbours on our last night which made it difficult to sleep. That being said, the room was cleaned daily and we received a turn down service every evening which was a lovely touch. Never short of fresh towels!

Next time we're in Amalfi we'll be back here!

1  Thank e_loveland
Reviewed 4 August 2017 via mobile

As picturesque as you could ever imagine. The views are spectacular and the location is terrific. Even better are the private sun bathing docks below where you can bask in the italian sun then jump off the deck into the sea.
Staff was like family.
Rooms are simple and clean.
Breakfast on the terrace every morning is the best.