All reviewsfree walkingmeet other travellerspub crawlany queriescommon areasfirst floorpaellavending machineshower roompanadormcentrecitycleanlinessbike
Reviewed 14 July 2017

Killer pub crawl, Alex is the man. Definitly needs to be paied more to guide us drunks around the pubs. Good times good pub choices. nice drunk walk home. The hostel is nice, has a chill vibe and free dinner so i am satisfied

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo

Hello!!
We are glad you liked our hostel, and enjoyed the pub crawl. We will let Alex know that you mentioned him.
The most important part of our job is to make people happy! So we hope to see you again soon here in Valencia. A big hug and keep travelling!
Cheers,

Reviewed 10 July 2017 via mobile

I didn't enjoy a single night at Purple Nest, but luckily Valencia was so great that it didn't ruin my trip.
Bad things: Our room consistently smelled bad. The a/c was inconsistent so as to be cold one night and sweating the next (once it turned on at 1 am!). Hostel rules don't allow you to bring your own alcohol so we couldn't buy a cheap bottle of wine and hang out in common areas like the other hostels we stayed in. Hostel rules also claim silence after 12am but there were people screaming and yelling on and off all night for the 3 nights we stayed.
Good things: The tour company they use, Tour Me Out, is great! The place was relatively clean and very secure. There was one particularly great woman at reception during the day (didn't get her name) so that was nice. Others were fine but not of great assistance.
Last, I know it's pretty cheap and it's a shared space but the 2 hostels I stayed in during the previous week (Lagos & Sevilla) were less money, offered free breakfast, and were much nicer.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends

Hello!
Thanks a lot for taking the time to write a comment and for your great feedback! We are glad to know that you liked Valencia. Thanks also for your remarks, they are valuable in order to improve the hostel and our services.
But first of all you can't compare Valencia with Lagos and Sevilla, they are completely different cities. Our previous guests think we run a good value for money hostel. You should also take into account that we offer so many free activities, like bike tours or walking tours and free dinners, salsa or sangria class.
Second, we don't allow people to bring their own alcohol for many safety reason, for exapmple we don't want that people under 18 abuse without supervision and we don't want people to drink in their rooms. But we have a bar with cheap prices, happy hours, 2x1, and much more.
Our staff always do his best to make our guests feel like at home. That's why you should have talked to them immediately if you felt a bit unconfortable in your room, we would have find a solution. Next time don't be shy, we are here to help and make your stay unforgettable.
Thank you anyway for choosing us and hope to see you again!

Reviewed 8 July 2017 via mobile

Marie was lit af at the desk, knew exactly how to hook a brother up. Checked in, wanted alchohol, marie made sure we got 2 for 1 on wjat ever our first drink was. Got some phat long island ice teeeees yo. Gucci swag.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
Management response:Responded 30 July 2017

Thank you very much for such a cool review.
We are happy to see you had an amazing time!
We will let Marie know that you have mentionned her. We ahave such an amazing staff, always ready to help and make our guests confortable.
We hope to see you again for more long island!

Reviewed 23 May 2017

For my first time at a hostel abroad, Purple Nest offered everything: security, friendly staff, decent prices, convenience, cleanliness - everything I could think of. From the night I arrived, I was greeted in such a welcome way. I can't remember some names but everyone who manned the reception was always helpful and essentially ready if you seemed lost or unsure with something. For one of the bar shifts, Paul was sound to talk to and we had a great chat. The hostel was very clean; at the bar, the main room, reception, the dormitory, the balcony, the shower room, the toilet - everywhere was clean. Breakfast was lovely, and the water vending machine very convenient. More so, security was a breeze with not only the dorm door, and the hostel itself, but the lockers supplied. Overall I am pleased to say that this hostel delivered in every way and did not disappoint for someone experiencing a hostel for their first time.

Room Tip: Mixed dorm - get to know people!
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
Management response:Responded 10 June 2017

Hey! Thank you for your comment, we're glad to hear that your first hostel experience was such a great one! This is our goal to make people happy and enjoy this amazing city! Our location really is great and provides an easy access to every activity in the city center! It's great to hear you loved our staff, you'll have to come see us again soon!

Reviewed 25 March 2017

My trip to Spain was incredible, and a lot of it had to do with staying at the Purple Nest. The hostel is clean, cute, comfortable, and super affordable. The location is really convenient and the amenities are good. Easily the best part was the people. Somehow this hostel attracts super cool guests from all over. I met some really amazing people whom I hope to stay in touch with. Similarly, the staff is incredible. They are friendly and down to earth and make your stay so much fun. David kept getting groups of us together to go on adventures and I ended up doing so much that I never would have thought of! This hostel is really great for any demographic. There were a lot of young partyers; but also a lot of older travelers just looking to sight-see. I can't recommend it enough. I miss it already!

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo
Management response:Responded 3 May 2017

Thank you so much for your comment!! We're so glad you had a great time and enjoyed every activity we offered! We really go have great guests ;) You´ll always have a place to stay in Valencia!! We hope to see you again soon in Valencia!