All reviews shopping mall science park budget hotel paid parking city centre min bus ride the sofa bed ice machine room was comfortable and clean a small swimming pool opera house cold meats continental breakfast family room special thanks old town the breakfast area
Reviewed 22 March 2018

The lobby is dated and the rooms were stuffy and a bit small, especially for the four of us and our suitcases. The kids enjoyed the pool. Breakfast was really busy. The hotel is close to the El Saler Mall and walkind distance to the Aquarium and the City of Arts and Sciences. We opted to take a hop-on hop-ff bus tour to get around the city since the hotel was far from the Old Town and other attractions.

Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Manuel G, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Valencia Ciudad Las Ciencias, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Dear Guest:
Thank you for your review and comments.
We are glad you have enjoyed your stay with us even though the size of the rooms.

Reviewed 9 March 2018

I stayed here just the one night. I had to ask to move room as the very few power sockets in the initial room I was allocated did not function. To be fair, the reception staff were most helpful and moved me without hesitation.

The room/s was a bit basic, but the buffet breakfast was excellent.

The hotel is ideally located for the L'Oceanogràfic complex. But it is too far away from the old town and is a 35 minute walk to the nearest metro station - so you are very reliant on taxis to get around.

Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Manuel G, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Valencia Ciudad Las Ciencias, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2018

Dear Comet4B,
Thank you for the time you took writing your experience at the hotel as well as the good comments. Sorry for the incidents with the power sockets, we are checking what happened.
We transfer their gratuity to our staff.
Front Office Manager

Reviewed 2 March 2018

I don't know if they just assumed we're young and naive, or if they didn't like how we didn't speak any Spanish, but there was an unpleasant tone from the start at check-in. We arrived early, but had no sleep the night before and our goal was to just get to the hotel to at least put our bags down. Actually, they were able to get us into the room right away, which felt nice, but the quality of the room was actually not what I was expecting.

First thing, we looked for a safe in the room as we were told there was one and there wasn't. The TV channels were limited to only 3, even though the placard had 10 listed, and the TV was really small. There was some grime in the shower, and the closet weirdly only had one sliding door, so it never really closed. Someone wrote their name on the wall in pen and there were a few cracks in the ceiling. The bedding was made to look really nice, but the sheets on my bed were torn. One elevator or the other kept having malfunctioning doors, but this wasn't the biggest inconvenience as there was a second one.

So far, all of these things are really trivial. For any experienced traveller, it's a few steps up from the worst thing ever. Actually quite tolerable. If you're having the best time ever in Valencia, I would overlook these things anyway and probably not think to even mention them in a review. I'd give the place 3 stars still with all of these things.

After a night's rest from the first day's arrival, I went out with my pal to go sightseeing, bringing along my girlfriend's expensive camera. When we came back to the hotel I put it down in the room, and housekeeping had already come along and made the beds and given fresh towels anyway. We went out that night, and then came back and went to sleep. The next morning we went out again to find some European chargers since our battery packs had run out, and we needed to charge our phones. We came back to the hotel after not finding any (Valencia pretty much shuts down on Sundays), and then I noticed that the camera was missing. Now, I fully admit that somewhere along the way I might have been responsible for losing the camera. I recall placing it down in the room, but I may have accidentally left it on a bench in the park (unlikely, because my pal and I remember my actually struggling to fit the camera into the bag, and literally the last conversation we both recall before leaving from the park was how much my girlfriend would kill me if I lost this thing - also, I recall clearly placing the camera bag in the cubby within the room, wondering if it was safe there, and then going out). Memory is a fickle thing for anyone though, so I narrowed down the time period of when I entered the hotel with the camera and set it down and was able to get it down to a 15-minute window.

Once realizing I lost the camera, my pal went to the desk to enquire, while I searched everywhere in the small room hoping that this wasn't actually the case and that the camera was there as my heart sank and I realized I had to call my girlfriend and tell her it was missing. I then went down to the lobby myself. They said that "the director" wouldn't be in until the next day. They wouldn't let me see any footage, although they said that they had some of the front entrance of course. I can see why I'm not allowed access to this without the manager there, but them looking it over or something would have helped me to figure things out. They told me that the director would be there the next day at 8, and our flight was at 10, so we waited as long as we could until 8:20 and he did not show. They took my email and phone number, and told me that they'd contact me that day or the next day, but as of yet no one has contacted me in any way.

We also asked someone the night before if they could please arrange a cab to the airport for us. When we first asked for the cab, he jotted something down and seemed to confirm it, but my friend wanted to make sure that the cab was coming that morning. I told my pal there was no need. He intelligently argued against me and sure enough they had no notice for a cab to come, so it was a good thing we asked a second time.

I give this place a poor review and not a terrible one, because the location is superb. The place rents out bikes too, but some of these had broken kickstands, and flat tires. Also, while the breakfast isn't hot (besides toast which you toast yourself), the breakfast is plentiful and it's delicious - albeit limited to a few cold cuts, a few types of fruit, and then various different breads (still, you can't go wrong with unlimited croissants if you know what I mean). Also, with the Burger King coming next door, the construction will be bad for a while. However, after it's built, if you have a really long day and struggle with the unique dining times of Spain, or are really picky about eating foreign foods, there'll always be the home of the whopper. Aside from that, if 0/5 were a thing then this place would get 1/5.

Room tip: Rooms face an apartment complex, or rooms face the construction of a new Burger King.
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Valencia Ciudad Las Ciencias, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2018

Hi Sam R,

Thank you for sharing your review to the TripAdvisor community and for letting trip here in Valencia! Being centrally located, we aim nothing more but to leave our guests nothing more but great memories to remember- of Valencia, and our hotel. But reading through you review, I am sorry that our location didn't match what you had experienced with us.

I was stricken that you have lost your camera while you were under our care. The room size was unexpected same with the lack of TV channels and missing in-room safe. I have read that you sought assistance from our staff but didn't get the right answers as of this time. Indeed, there were a lot of issues on this stay. Your comments are taken seriously and I would like get more information. I dropped a message via your inbox to talk this through. I hope to get your response soon and finally shed light on these concerns.

Should your next trip bring you back here, I hope to get another chance of hosting you and I'm sure to turn it better.

Best regards,

Frank A.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 18 February 2018 via mobile

Again a positive experience at holiday Inn express for me. Good hotel for great value, close to art and science institute. 40 minutes each from old center, 25 minutes by bus and 15 minutes by car or taxi.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Manuelglezdeaguilar, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Valencia Ciudad Las Ciencias, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2018

Dear Mr. Tim Miguel:
Thank you for your comments and valoration. We are glad you have had another great experience with us.

I hope to welcome you again soon.
Sicerely;

Reviewed 13 February 2018 via mobile

Hotel is so well located to enjoy this beautiful ciry. Very easy to find and just a few minutes walk from some great attractions.
It is a Holiday Inn Express, so don't expect high end luxury, but it us clean and cheerful. All staff are helpful and knowledgeable about the city , but special thanks to Paula who was superb with her extra level of attention for us.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Guest:
Thank you for the time you took to share your experience. We are glad you had a pleasant stay and you enjoyed our location and staff.

I will personally congrat Paula for her superb work and extra level of attention.