“Above average, however not without issue”
Review of Pizzeria Toscana

Pizzeria Toscana
Ranked #62 of 900 Restaurants in Benidorm
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 11 September 2014

Toscana is located in a busy pedestrianised street with lots of other restaurants, we decided to try it despite its position in the Trip Advisor leagues.
I was slightly disappointed we couldn't dine outside however this was due to it being so busy. I interpreted this as a good sign of the food to come.
I wasn't disappointed with my choices, although my girlfriend struggled to find a spaghetti dish which contained meat. They mostly seemed to be vegetarian.
Her Minestrone soup also arrived looking very green, and tasting like a canned vegetable soup.
I ordered a garlic bread which was served as a pizza base topped with a lot of freshly chopped garlic. Very tasty indeed, and certainly freshly made.
My lasagne was hot and tasty too, it was served in a terracotta bowl which helped keep it hot throughout. The meat used was very finely ground beef which I enjoyed as it gave a little something extra to the consistency of the dish.
My girlfriend ordered a dish which was basically pasta and tomato, it was somewhat bland, but hot and well presented.
The staff were all fairly attentive too which was nice as we were seated by the kitchen inside the restaurant and needed a lot of iced water to maintain a comfortable temperature.

I'd go back, but I'm not sure I would be able to convince my other half. 4 out of 5 from me.

Reviewed 11 August 2014

After sitting and waiting for about 10 mins at the pizzaria two doors down that wasn`t buisy and nobody came to us we upped and left and came here.This place was very buisy compared to the other italian, but that was no problem the girl found us a seat very quickly and tended to our needs.They did me a pepperoni calzone and the wife had a very nice carbonara.I would definately come back here again.
We did notice on quite a few nights as we walked by this was always the buisiest of the two italians which go`s to prove a point.

1  Thank imol62
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Ate here twice during our stay. The food was excellent and we were very happy with our pizzas and pasta dishes. The garlic bead with cheese is just simply devine!!

Noticed that mostly Spanish families ate here and can see why as it is great value and has excellent service.

Reviewed 9 March 2014

If you are looking for something a bit different to the cheese and ham toasties and fried breakfasts of the English pubs then give this place a go.

A good menu choice, friendly service, tasty food and very reasonable prices.

Reviewed 27 December 2013

After reading the review's for Toscana myself ,wife and friends were really looking forward to our meal unfortunately it was not up to scratch on any of the meal's (Edible but seriously nothing special). Service was prompt and the staff were friendly.