“Great mussels restaurent in old benidorm”
Review of La Mejillonera

La Mejillonera
Ranked #24 of 898 Restaurants in Benidorm
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 12 December 2016

We visited this restaurant on Saturday 10th December 2016. It was buzzing and busy. We had to que but it was not long, we ended up with a table outside but this was part of the fun. I have to say we were in a minority as it was very Spanish and I think many expats would be put off because of the language but they should not be it is good and I am sure the staff speak English as the menu was in both S/E. We ordered the steamed mussels with a mixed salad and bread, wine and water and the price was really good value, WE did not have to wait long and the mussels were well cooked and tender they know their MUSSELS that's for sure. There was a lot of choice in seafood and it is clearly a popular restaurant. Highly recommend and would def go back.

Reviewed 3 December 2016 via mobile

For 9€ you can get about 1kilo of mussels but they also do Half and quarter ration. They have many sauces or just plain.
Take my advice a half ratio is enough for two. Well recommended.

Reviewed 17 November 2016

If you like shellfish you'll love this place. Muscles in various sauces and other shellfish. They also do steaks and other things for none officionados.

Reviewed 17 November 2016 via mobile

Only found this restaurant by chance by looking at trip advisor. It is situated in the old town in an alley. Would've walked by it, if i didnt have the address.
On arrival from uk, we went there for lunch. Ordered lobster paella, and it was 34 euros. Very flavoursome but had better paella throughout my week there.
Went back for a second visit and ordered 3 plates of mussels, very tasty and the mussels were juicy.
Would totally recommend.

Reviewed 31 October 2016 via mobile

Have eaten here many times, but with recently being diagnosed with coeliac disease I needed to be sure that any of the foods I ate did not contain any gluten.
The waiter and chef were excellent and told me exactly what I could enjoy from the menu. The mussels were excellent as usual, with mixed salad and fried potatoes. All washed down with a jug of sangria.
This restaurant gets very busy and there is always a queue for eating here. But it is definitely well worth the wait.