3,458 results
All reviews the executive lounge madrid airport diamond member free shuttle convenient shuttle shuttle service an early morning flight frosted glass between flights city centre modern hotel breakfast buffet is metro station tapas taxi euros spain
Reviewed 22 April 2010

My husband and I recently spent a night at the Hilton because of a change in flights due to the Iceland volcano. We arrived at the airport via metro from the Chamartin train station, had a little difficulty finding the hotel's courtesy shuttle stop, but then didn't have to wait too long for it. The driver was extremely courteous and it was a short trip to the hotel).

The hotel is ultra-modern, very much a "corporate" and American style Hilton but after all, who stays at the airport if they're looking for a cultural experience.Check-in was quick, with questions answered about dinner and shuttle for the next day. The rooms are ultra-modern....lots of glass and high-tech, which was amusing after a week in more boutique European small hotels.

The only food available at night was the dinner buffet -- at first we were disappointed because we prefer menu service and thought we wanted something lighter. But after seeing the buffet, we were happy -- very complete, very fresh foods, and not outrageous (35 euros per person, with a 10% discount offered at check-in) for what many airport hotels can charge. (Still, many guests might want something less and there was absolutely nothing else available.) We also had 2 glasses of wine -- both free with coupons at check in.

The airport shuttle the next morning left right on time -- although is was totally full. Not sure what would happen if there were more people than seats.

If you need to be at the airport for an early or late flight, the Hilton is a good choice -- close, well-run, new, and the perks (discounts, free wine) certainly made us feel better about a slightly more expensive-than-average night. If we had been in Madrid before the flight, we would probably have stayed downtown and taken a taxi. But we had been in Segovia and had no need to go into downtown Madrid for the last night. It was very convenient to get from Segovia by local train to the Nuevos Ministerios metro stop, then take a short metro ride to the airport. If we had gone downtown for the night, we might have spent less on a hotel (maybe) but probably had taxi fares in both directions.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 April 2010

We stayed at the Hilton for a single night prior to an international flight. It was great and far better than expected for an airport hotel. The rooms were very clean and modern. Nice bathroom. We had dinner and breakfast at the hotel dining room which was good but not great. I agree with others that it is a bit pricey for meals. You can walk to a metro station which we did and for a euro were able to travel downtown. Shuttle to the airport is about every 20 minutes. The pool in the fitness center is very nice with a retractable roof and large open windows that give you the feeling of being outdoors despite cold weather. I really liked the stay at this hotel and would recommend it to others who are transiting through Madrid or even for a several night stay.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 April 2010

We were thrilled to have such a great place to stay the night before catching our flight home to the states. Spain had treated us right & although we loved our vacation, we were ready to go home. The Hilton staff was friendly, helpful, and welcoming. It was nice to be at a place that melded our European experience with some little reminders of travel in America. Unfortunately, those reminders turned into corporate gouging when we had to pay $8 for a cerveza & $14 for a glass of sangria! It ended up costing us more to stay at the Hilton on our way out of town (for less than 12 hours of time there) then it did staying 1 night at a beautiful palace in Sevilla earlier in our trip (Hotel Palacio De Villapanes)! That seems crazy & woefully American. Aside from that annoyance, it truly is a comfortable & well appointed hotel that would be agreeable to anyone willing to spend the money.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 April 2010

My girlfriend and I stayed at the Hilton for 2 nights in November 2009. We were looking for a hotel close to the airport given our flight schedules. Our expectations were low. We didn't realize that the hotel had been recently developed and opened. We were extremely surprised by our experience.

Starting from check-in, the front desk staff was extremely professional and helpful. Check-in was relatively problem free. Once we arrived in our room, we were shocked by how large and clean our standard room was. The bathroom was quite large and clean. The tub had ample room for two. The water pressure in the shower was wonderful. Our bed was extremely comfortable. Did I mention how clean the room was?

We ordered room service during our stay. We found the food to be satisfactory. The delivery was timely. I was able to utilize high-speed internet services with no difficulty. Although located close to the freeway, we did not hear any noise.

This hotel is perfect for someone who needs to rest between flights. The Hilton offers free shuttle service to the airport. Given its distance from Madrid, I wouldn't recommend the hotel if you plan on visiting the city often. That said, I would happily stay here again if I wanted a comfortable place to relax before leaving Madrid.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 March 2010

I stayed Hilton Madrid Airport for a night due to my transit timing. From/To Barajas airport, I didn't have any difficulties for using their shuttle bus service so they may be improved it. It's a very contemporary hotel, totally clean and comfortable. Lifts are secured by micro chipped card key and Executive Lounge offers quality beverages and snacks. Only the negative side for me was; Wi-Fi Internet is not free even in the Executive Lounge, and it's expensive when you buy the access. The price range for the stay is also high-end side as an airport hotel, but considering the quality, it was understandable. If I have to stay a night in Madrid airport, I will definitely choose this hotel again.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple