3,462 results
All reviews the executive lounge madrid airport diamond member free shuttle convenient shuttle shuttle service an early morning flight frosted glass between flights city centre modern hotel breakfast buffet is metro station tapas taxi euros spain
Reviewed 17 July 2012

5-10 minutes from airport. Very, very nice rooms and one of the best showers I have had in Europe. Free airport shuttle was convienient. Average cab ride to city center was around 20 Euro.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank aileronguy
GM_HiltonMadAirport, General Manager at Hilton Madrid Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2012

Thank you for your feedback!

At Hilton Madrid Airport we really appreciate our guest’s comments about our hotel and facilities. It is nice to hear that you enjoyed the shower describing it as “one of the best of Europe” as you mentioned. Did you try the hydrotherapeutic pool as well? It is the ideal place to relax between flights or a busy sightseeing day in the vibrant city centre of Madrid.

Looking forward to welcome you back again soon.

gm.madridairport@hilton.com

Reviewed 16 July 2012

It's not exactly on the airport, but is very close (about a mile). The Hilton shuttle runs every 20 minutes (not sure if its 24hr) and is convenient. I was in room 642 and 643 and had no issues. There is a metro stop 700 meters away. It is slightly complicated to walk to it, so be sure to ask at the desk for a map. The green line will take you all the way to the opera stop where you can see the opera square, the place, etc. It's about 18 stops with no change of line required.

I arrived in a rental car, dropped my family and luggage at the hotel. Afterwards I took my car back to the aiport Avis return and took the Hilton shuttle back. This worked well. Please note that the return is at terminal 1.

Breakfast is pricy (26 Euros). We were offered a 6 Euro discount for a pre-purchase, but I passed, since we would be in too much of a hurry to catch our flight. Note that I didn't see any local resturants.

Room Tip: When using the elevator it's necessary to unsert your room key. There are two slots and only one authorizes the elevator to go to the room floors.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank WorldTravelerWantabe
Reviewed 14 July 2012

Excellent service, staff very polite and helpful but the public areas are woefully short of places to sit and relax. Style triumphed over substance.

Good beds, interesting bathroom layout, well equipped - but stupid splashy sink.

Airport shuttle does not appear to run to schedule (at least the three times we used it) so make sure to leave extra time for delays.

Metro 10 minutes walk away - but taxi from City Centre was only 17 Euros. Good airport stop over but not the place I would choose as a base to explore Madrid if I was staying more than one night.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the pool get VERY hot glass late afternoon - you need to keep the curtains closed. In hot weather choose one on the other side.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 16 July 2012

Thank you for sharing your comments with us.

At Hilton Madrid Airport we always try to make our guest stay something special. What good news to know that you enjoyed our service and facilities. I am sorry that the shuttle schedule was not of your entire convenience. The shuttles runs every 15 to 25 minutes, depending on the traffic and number of passengers.
Do not hesitate to contact me when planning your next trip to Madrid, my team and I will be delighted to give you some tips about the city!

I hope to welcome you back soon

Reviewed 13 July 2012

I stayed the night before my return flight to the USA. I loved this hotel, mainly because of the staff: Dario (front desk) and Javier (driver). Property very clean, quiet and modern. Great shower. Lovely breakfast with tons of vegetables -- this is a huge plus for me--. Convenient airport shuttle. I would give it 5 stars, but... I was charged twice for my room upgrade. I paid cash at checkout and my credit card was charged for the same amount, 60 Euro. I called a couple of days ago and spoke to someone who told me he would correct the error and email me the same day. I understand it takes a few days to post my bank account, but I have yet to receive an email informing me my account has been credited, which makes me doubt it has.

Room Tip: Corner room. Executive floor.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank mrpatterson

Thank you very much for sharing this review with us!

I have personally forward your good comments to Dario and Javier. They feel really proud as they are constantly working to provide unforgettable experiences to our guests. It is nice to hear that you enjoyed the breakfast buffet and its different options! Choosing the breakfast for our guests is one of the most important things the Chef does every morning. Regarding to the money refund, depending on the bank entity it takes from 7 to 15 working days to be credited in your bank account . If this issue persists do not hesitate to contact me directly and I will do the follow up with the Front Office Manager.

I hope to welcome you back soon.

gm.madridairport@hilton.com

Reviewed 13 July 2012

Close to Madrid International airport, althought it's going to take you some convoluted driving to actually get there (better get a cab), the place is actually really nice for an off-airport hotel.
The staff is very helpful and friendly (I was tuck there for 3 nights during the air controler strikes in April thus year).

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Management response:Responded 16 July 2012

Thank you for your feedback.

It is nice to hear that had a pleasant stay with us even in such a painful situation as the air controler strike. I have shared your good comments with the team and they feel really proud of it. Did you enjoy our complimentary shuttle services? This service is really fast and convenient to get to the centre of Madrid and to the airport.

I hope to welcome you back soon at Hilton Madrid Airport.