3,461 results
All reviews the executive lounge madrid airport diamond member free shuttle convenient shuttle shuttle service an early morning flight frosted glass between flights city centre modern hotel breakfast buffet is metro station tapas taxi euros spain
Reviewed 4 January 2012

We're just back from a 5 day stay at the Hilton Madrid and I should describe it as a mixed experience. The rooms and hotel interior are certainly up to standards but it's the staff that make it a less than 5 star experience. Checkin was smooth (although no help offered with our luggage) but after that we only encountered hotel staff that even appeared grumpy at times. Service with a smile ? Not at the Hilton Madrid, Any request for service especially during breakfast (f.e. asking for a cappuccino instead of the extremely strong standard brew) was followed but in a way that made it clear this was a bit too much to ask for. When one morning I pointed out that the floor underneath our designated table was littered with egg shells and other food remains we were offered another table that clearly had the same problem. A cleaning lady was called in and she made an argument with he waiter on why this couldn't wait until after breakfast.... not good... a clean floor is a must in any restaurant imho. Maybe the double use of tables is caused by the fact that most hotel guests are put in the corner closest to the kitchen making walking distance for the waiters less ?
I should mention the food served at the breakfast buffet was of good quality.

Swimming pool and gym are nice but the shower and floor in the changing room were just filthy,

The rooms were kept tidy and clean but one night we found a carton card at the door that indicated we used the " don't disturb " sign so our rooms weren't cleaned. We clearly didn't use any " don't disturb" hangers at the doors so we just called the reception to get us some clean towels.which arrived after a couple of minutes. No explanation offered to why this had happened.
I'm always happy to leave a tip on every stay when I get good service from house-keeping but was so surprised that while packing before checking out my wife found a "tip begging note" inside our suitcase. This is simply NOT DONE... period.

Overall the staff made this an average experience in what could be a great hotel.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 January 2012

Stayed at this property two times last week (one night each at start and end of my trip). We had two different rooms, both on the 5th floor.

The aiport shuttle is a very nice feature and came often enough that we barely had to wait when needed. The hotel appears to be updated and well appointed. The bathrooms are large with both tub and shower and have a sliding door that lets you watch TV while you soak if you like.

The beds and bedding are a bit stiff and uncomfortable but a nice crisp white which is appreciated.

The one main negative - and its quite a large one - is that both of the rooms we stayed in are incredibly hot to the point of extreme discomfort. The air con did not work or doesn't work well enough to counteract the strong sun resulting in an oven like atmosphere until the sun sets. On our second stay we specifically asked to be put in a room that wouldn't be so warm but we had the same experience.

The hotel is about a 10-15 minute walk to the nearest subway stop. If you add the walk to the time it takes to get to the city center, its about an hour long trip. A cab ride is considerable shorter but costs about 30 euros.

Breakfast had a nice variety. The executive lounge was a bit lackluster - just a small selection of drinks and bowl of chips/peanuts. If there were other foods available, we never saw it.

Overall, a good hotel and experience except for the temp issues. I can't imagine how warm it would be during the summer.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank StefR
Reviewed 4 January 2012

With its ultra-modern style, its soaring lobby and spacious rooms and excellent service,
this Hilton provides all that a good hotel should. If you want an added experience, for a modest extra fee, book on the executive floor, where you'll be treated to a complimentary cocktail time with excellent hors d'ouevres, plus computer access and a breakfast buffet which is a work of art! And--the airport is barely 5 minutes using the hotel shuttle, which runs every 20 minutes!
(Our only regret is that this time (our 3rd) we were not able to turn in our Sixt rental car, as Sixt had recently moved out of there).

Room Tip: Again, take an executive room.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank merhabaabi
Reviewed 26 December 2011

I was going to land very late and did not want to be downtown Madrid as I had a meeting some where in the middle between the airport and the city.

I had been booked at the Hilton Madrid airport. A bit cold as hotel but certainly very well located for a conference or a larget meeting.
The hotel is indeed big and modern but a bit cold.

My room was excellent with a very nice bathroom (very important for me).
The bed was good and the room in general. Very mordern and clean.

The breakfast was nice in a very large open area.

For a business trip or meeting yes the hotel is great. For a weekend with my wife then I would select a hotel downtown.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Nono_Minou
Reviewed 22 December 2011

This is my 3rd stay at this hotel. Booked during the December sale, I had a suite (room 211) with breakfast for EUR 187. I'm pretty sure I've stayed in this room before, and there are some things familiar and some differences: coffee table in lounge area has gone; glass doors between lounge and bedroom don't shut (or open!) There is now an iron and ironing board in the room; mini bar is well stocked but expensive; room service is expensive but some reasonable, tasty choices and served quickly; free wifi in room (for HHonors gold/diamond anyway.) Staff on the front desk are both pleasant and helpful. There's a shuttle bus too/from the airport terminals, and apparently there's one that goes into central Madrid. I love the styling of this hotel and will happily continue to use it, but there are a few loose ends that need tying up.

• Stayed: December 2011