3,465 results
All reviews the executive lounge madrid airport diamond member free shuttle convenient shuttle shuttle service an early morning flight frosted glass between flights city centre modern hotel breakfast buffet is metro station tapas taxi euros spain
Reviewed 14 July 2011

I stayed here with a friend for 3 days on my brief visit to Madrid. This hotel is a modern style hotel with lots of glass and the minimalist feel. Aesthetically, it is a beautiful hotel and the rooms are very modern contemporary and beautiful. It has a full spa with sauna and steam rooms and a pool. A small gym with tread mills and an cable machine. They also have a free shuttle to and from the airport and it is roughly a 5 -10 minute drive So if you want to feel like you have not left the US, this is a great place for you. They also have an executive lounge for Hilton platinum members with an open bar as well as snacks. the only negative part is you must consume everything in the lounge and cannot take it to your room. The hotel staff is amazing and very accommodating and were always eager to help , they were excellent!! Also, if you are staying and are Platinum, you do get free internet access.

But overall, I didn't really like my stay, and this is what i struggled with. I was in Madrid and It didn't feel like I was in Madrid. The hotel is roughly a 20 Euro ride out of downtown Madrid and if you do take the metro , which we did, it is about a 35 minute ride and a 5 -10 minute walk, so going to and from the hotel can either be arduous or expensive.
Also, since the hotel is "modern" the bathrooms are not exactly the most private. The doors to the bathroom are nothing more than sliding glass and they don't go all the way up to the ceiling, so if you want real "privacy" while you are using the toilet, that could be a challenge (especially if you are traveling on a romantic trip) Luckily we were a couple guys so we didn't care as much. I usually like modern contemporary design but for some reason , the hotel seemed very cold and sterile.

All in all, If I had to overnight near the airport, I would definitely stay here, but if I wanted to really get a feel for Madrid, I would stay in town, especially with the prices this place charges.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Treva
Reviewed 14 July 2011

We needed to stay very close to Madrid airport for our return home to Canada (6 a.m. departure). It was difficult to part with 171 euros for the night but we did it anyway. Compare this price to other hotels on our trip (e.g., the Cala Grande on the Cabo de Gata) and you may wonder at the cost. We are not used to paying these prices unless we are going to a very special destination. However, convenience apart, it was such a beautiful place to stay in and I was very sad we could not stay the full 24 hours! The young staff are so genuinely interested in service and do their job with obvious enthusiasm and devotion. Although the meal prices are very high, the quality of the food at dinner matched its surroundings: magnificent! sumptuous! And, although it's true we had to pay a lot for our club sandwiches at lunch (17e each), they were the best I've ever had. Wine is much cheaper by the bottle, as we discovered at dinner. Considering the quality of the cuisine, 78e was a bargain compared to a similar meal in Canada!!! Yet, since we'd eaten our way through the delicious offerings of Barcelona, Valencia, Granada and Seville at ridiculously low prices, it felt expensive. The rooftop terrace and pool were a definite bonus....though the pool was icy, the sunbath afterwards was splendid. One more thing: the chic bathrooms! There was glass everywhere and beautiful green marble floors. However, having once been a chambermaid in my student years, I feel terribly sorry for the cleaners who must maintain these gorgeous glass vanities. But everything was immaculate in spite of it! I note that someone complained in his/her review, about noise. We heard nothing to disrupt our sleep. But I am also impressed that Sr. Clement Felus (General Manager) immediately replied to this concern in a personal note on Tripadvisor. This is the mark of a truly great hotel. I am sure this is also one reason the staff seem so happy to wrok there. And if you have any problems at all in a hotel, the time to complain is WHEN YOU ARE THERE! One more thing: I kept thinking of the British TV series "Hotel Babylon" while there! :) What goes on behind the scenes?

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rynt
GM_HiltonMadAirport, General Manager at Hilton Madrid Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2011

Thank you very much for such a good feedback!

We are really glad to hear that you enjoyed the property and moreover your stay with us. I really hope you will have the chance to come back with a bit more of time!

I have shared your comments with the team members and they are really pleased to hear such good and positive feedback.

Again, thank you very much for your contribution to Hilton Madrid Airport profile and to share your experience with us.

Clement Felus

Reviewed 11 July 2011

I stayed at the Hilton for one night after being stuck at Madrid airport, for one night room only was €186 per night, we had two small glasses of wine in the Hotel bar and cost us €17.00, very nice Hotel staff are very good but very expensive

• Stayed: July 2011
GM_HiltonMadAirport, General Manager at Hilton Madrid Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2011

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us.

I am glad that you enjoyed the hotel facilities despite your short stay with us.

I am really sorry to know that you were dispointed with the prices estimated in the 5 stars properties.

Looking forward to welcome you again soon!

Clement Felus

Reviewed 9 July 2011

After staying at the hilton madrid for two nights while in madrid to see the foo fighter's which was great by the way. I would just like to thank all the staff for being so helpful. From the initial email enquiry to the shuttle ride back to the airport the service I received was second to none. I stayed in the executive suite which was beautiful and spotless upon arrival. The breakfast buffet was wonderful and although I didn't eat from the restaurant the bar food was great. Thanks again guys will hopefully be back soon.

• Stayed: July 2011
Reviewed 7 July 2011

We stayed here for our last night in Madrid. We had an early flight the next morning so we did not want to get up too early that morning. The hotel was very modern and quiet. The rooms seemed dark but the beds were comfortable. It was a very nice airport hotel but it had no taste of Madrid. It could have been at any airport in the world. We ate breakfast at the cafe here and it was good. We did go into Madrid from the hotel. We took the Metro into town and caught a cab back to the hotel that night. The cab driver could not find the hotel and got lost...it is a bit tricky. The cab cost us just under 30 euros. Would stay here again if in the same situation.

Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family