“Good choice”

Ranked #8 of 438 Hotels in Madrid
Reviewed 21 April 2012

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
2  Thank Rebecca W

Reviewed 19 April 2012

7 night stay - from airport took spanky clean/easy to understand public bus 2E per person to Plaza Cibeles then 20 minute attractive walk to hotel (we were exhausted, with bad map & luggage -- only 15 min. on return route.) Breakfast: Plenty of places to grab good cheap food within seconds of hotel but the buffet is fabulous - endless variety of hot food (bacon! eggs!), all those hams/sausages/cheeses to sample, great coffees etc., fruit, cereals, juices, yummy bakery things - white table cloths, cozy quiet room, newspapers, cheerful staff. It will fuel you for hours of roaming Madrid. Had a big room with coffee/tea maker, fridge space in the mini-bar, long deep tub with huge separate enclosed shower that you could happily live in. Double sink. Instant hot water always (How can this be?) We like street noise so our balcony windows/doors were always open. But closed you could probably block out all sounds -- as is, it's a quiet side street. Staff on site, friendly and helpful 24hr a day. Choice of stairs or elevator. Boutique charm -- hotel pleasant to navigate up and down and out of. Absolutely would stay again!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank duboismadison
DireccionLasCortes, Gerente at Catalonia Las Cortes, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2012

Dear Madison

I would like to than you for your review. I am glad that everything was to your satistaction.
As a valued customer i look forward to wellkoming you to our Hotel in the future.

Kind Regards

Paula Camblor
Manager
lascortes.direccion@hoteles-catalonia.es

Reviewed 18 April 2012

After four nights in the sophisticated comforts of suite 203, I still wanted more. Although we have visited Spain twice in the past, this was the first exploration of Madrid, and we couldn't have found a more convenient or a enjoyable place to base our time in this magnificent city. We were enchanted by Madrid, and by the services, comfort, and gracious staff at Las Cortes. With a room at the front of the hotel, we did get a bit of late night noise from the street. I think that waking up under elegant, painted ceilings more than compensated for the disruptions. I'd be delighted to return anytime!

Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank SpiritedWalker

Dear Eugene

Having read your review of your recent stay at our hotel ,may i thank you for your kind remarks which are very much appreciated.
I hope that we can be ofservice to you again in the future.

Kind regards

Paula Camblor
Manager
lascortes.direccion@hoteles-catalonia.es

Reviewed 13 April 2012

Over all, we had a great stay in this hotel. The location is perfect, and everything is in walking distance. It is located off of Santa Ana- a cute but quiet square. The staff is very nice and the rooms are large. Hotel overall is also very pretty and the street is full of resturants and cute shops. The only complaint was that the bed was a little hard- but not so much that it cant be overlooked.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 April 2012

All the reviews I read gave special attention at the service and location. They were all rigth.
Antonio at the Bar/Lobby area and a Dutch person were specially good. Always attentive as soon as I sat anywhere in the Lobby area. Even the lady on Saturday night covering this post.
One day I extended my stay and I guess the reception did not inform HouseKeeping as when I arrived at 6pm my room had not been done, and when I saw the housekeeper on the floor and told her she immeditaely left everything and serviced my room.
I had meetings all over town, and in the evenings with other colleagues staying at the Hotel we could just walk around to have a snack.
Normally I stay in the Barrio de Salamanca area (this week I am staying there) but I definitely recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Higher up more silence from the streets, though I was on the 1st floor and it was not that bad.