Drinks & Bites in Madrid Private Tour

Book in advance
from
AU$161.96
per adult
Check availabilityView full product details

Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
Ways to Experience Mercado de Anton Martin
from AU$161.96
from AU$142.76
from AU$58.44
More Info
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 26 May 2019

It isn't fair to compare this market to Mercado de San Miguel as this one is aimed more for locals. Lots of vendors to supply your kitchen but not enough food stands to make this a destination in my opinion. I didn't expect that some would be closed at dinner time. I wound up eating at another location.

6  Thank A9147DAricks
Reviewed 16 May 2019

There is a supermarket on the lowest floor, an outside bar on the roof, and two floors of market with multiple stalls / vendors showing the food products.
You have to go to believe, and enjoy the expansive variety of foods being offerred.

Reviewed 15 May 2019

It is a market I specifically sought out. We arrived around 3pm on Sunday and I think this was a major error as a lot of meat and produce shops had already closed. I'm still not used to Spain schedule!

We had some drinks as a lot of food stalls were still open. One Ramen place even had vegan options. Overall, I missed out because a lot of shops had already closed. I wish there was a way to include opening times for the vast majority of shops.

Reviewed 9 May 2019

Different from San Anton, not as many tourists and definately not as pricey. Still some good bars and cafes and excellent fresh food. check when bars are open because not open as often as market. Great bar on the outside of market on a side street, 1 guy selling bottled beer and cheese etc. Plays tunes and if the suns shining its really good. He has a few stools and everyone just chills and has a beer - superb. its a pedestrianised street so fine if kids are there and he does a hotdog for 2 euros to keep them fed while you party

Date of experience: April 2019
2  Thank Julie W
Reviewed 5 April 2019

The colourful traditional market is still there with local daily shoppers, but augmented by a highly cosmopolitan range of eateries.

Date of experience: March 2019