“Centrally located Hotel in the heart of Madrid”
Review of Hotel Preciados

Hotel Preciados
Ranked #21 of 437 Hotels in Madrid
Reviewed 22 February 2012

I booked this hotel about 1.5 weeks prior to the actual stay without any issue. The booking website can be a little confusing at times but in the end, I got the rooms that I wanted. Prices are surprisingly good considering a hotel located so centrally.

Getting to the hotel can be a little bit of a pain in the rear due to heavy downtown traffic. However once there, you leave the car with a valet who parks it in a small garage located underneath the hotel. The garage seems to be geared more towards smaller city-style vehicles. We had a standard Sedan (Audi A4) but a large van would definitely not fit.

The hotel rooms have wonderful decor and a nice balcony view. There is a free minibar with non-alcoholic beverages which is a nice surprise. The wifi signal is also clear and strong even on a 4th floor room. Despite the available amenities, the best part of the hotel is its location. It is literally next to a few great restaurants and discotecs so you will never wander too far from home base.

Additionally, the major plazas and streets are all within walking distance. The hotel is quiet at night and your rest will not be disturbed by late-night revelers walking about the street. Book soon because this hotel definitely fills up. As we were checking out, we saw at least 2 individuals turned away due to lack of vacancy.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank GoemonIshikawa
SOGELLAG, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Preciados, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2012

Thank You for taking the time to write a review about your stay at Hotel Preciados.
We are very glad to hear such a nice words about our location, room ,decor,minibar and wi fi free.
About the parking,the best option you can park the car just in front of the door and the valet can help you to park your car,we have every day Audi A8 ó Q7,Mercedes S,without any problem

It will be a real pleasure for us to host you in our hotel again.

Javier Calle

Reviewed 21 February 2012

We stayed here for 2 nights for my 40th Birthday. My husband booked a superior room,lovely room, free mini bar, jacuzzi bath, free bathrobe & slippers. Staff very helpful. Hotel is very centrally located for all main attractions. We did the Segway tour on Friday afternoon which was great, got to see all main sites. If you fancy Tapas you must visit, mercado de San Miguel near Plaza Mayor. Even managed to see a football match, which is a must if you get chance. Defo go back to Hotel x

• Stayed: February 2012
1  Thank Shellybw
SOGELLAG, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Hotel Preciados, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2012

Dear Guest,

We welcome your comments about the Hotel Preciados.

The room described in a Superior, located on the 5th floor, with a special charm and all are sloping ceiling. All these rooms have a jacuzzi and special amenities.

We're glad you enjoyed Madrid in a different way as the Segway and has known sites such as the Mercado de San Miguel just 7 minutes walk from the Hotel.

As you say, hope to see you very soon with us again.

Best regards.

Reviewed 19 February 2012

We stayed at the Hotel Preciados sadly for only two nights. We were in room 411 which is a double room with two balconies. I cannot speak highly enough about the facility and the staff. The windows were double paned blocking all sound from the outside. There is a restaurant in the hotel. We did not eat there, but did order a bottle of wine for the room. They have a good selection.

The location is perfect. The free mini bar is a nice touch. We would happily stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 February 2012

The hotel is very nice, but I think a little overrated; I expected more from #1 hotel in Madrid.
I stayed at this hotel on Christmas week and mostly liked it. The only downside was my "single room" didn't have windows with a street view, which was quite shocking. I wanted to change the hotel since this one didn't have small rooms available, but on a first night I was too tired and then it kind of grew on me. The room did have a window to the courtyard, so I renamed my single room to a "single cell' and decided to stay.Probably if it was summer, I would move, but in winter it was dark most of the time anyway and cold outside, so the air I got from the tiny window up in a courtyard and air conditioner was not so bad. I could adjust a heater and use it together with a conditioner.
Everything else was fine. The location is great, close to everything. The breakfast was very good. The room was small, but clean. There was a hairdryer in a bathroom and they gave me a bathrobe when I asked with no charge. I also had a teapot with hot water to make tea every night also free of charge. Internet worked fine and there were two computers downstairs where you can check into your flight and print tickets. There is a nice Salad bar place across from this hotel open until 11PM, with salads and really good hot meal. The staff is great and speaks English. I went on one tour on my last day, I am not a big fan of tours, but I didn't have time to go myself and the bus was 5 min walk away from the Hotel.

Room Tip: Do not take "single room", it is depressing.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
3  Thank MashaFurman
Reviewed 17 February 2012

Very decent hotel, nice and quiet location [but at the same quite touristy, equivalent of Vendôme or Picadilly or Empire State Building area].
First - the breakfast is simply amazing. We couldn't believe how good it was.
We booked a superior, and came to realize that it meant, along with probably larger room, sloped ceilings in the bathroom, and weird small terrace which was completely unusable in the winter. So overall, I don't think it's necessary to stay in a superior.

The personnel is extremely friendly and helpful. Which, to be honest, I found in most hotels in Spain, regardless of the price range.

Overall, if you considering doing the museums, I would recommend staying south/southeast of Sol. For us this hotel was more of a base to explore Descalzas Reales/Palacio/Conde Duque/Universidad areas.

I agree with some reviewers that while this is an excellent hotel [especially for the money], it is misleading to have it as Tripadvisor's number one in Madrid [which was partly the reason why we picked it]. There are definitely more fabulous hotels in Madrid, and if they are more expensive, chances are they are worth it!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple