“Very nice hotel”

InterContinental Madrid
Ranked #36 of 440 Hotels in Madrid
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 25 September 2012

I been here in this hotel twice this Summer once in Aug other in Sep its really nice hotel good location, it takes from 15- 20 mnts to any location to any shopping place its all by walking & stuff are very helpful they give you a good advice at all times everybody speaks english & you can communicate easy.

the menue in room is not really rich & sort of expensive comparing with prices & offers at restaurants outside, the rooms are clean some of them are very small but others are nice so if you are lucky to find a room you will be places in large one ..otherwise good luck...

be careful at check out to do everything & you better check after them.

you can have a nice time & enjoy your time.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
5  Thank Nina D
ICMadrid, Executive Office at InterContinental Madrid, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your nice feedback and positive rating. We do hope to have an opportunity to welcome you back to InterContinental Madrid in the near future.

With best regards,
A.Fernandez

Write a ReviewReviews (1,926)

Reviewed 22 September 2012 via mobile

I queued at a ridiculously small (for the size of the hotel),front desk, only to be told I had to check in at the Club lounge. Nice, but not a great start to the evening. Personally I'd swap the concierge desk for check in.
The room was fine except for the single beds. I hate sleeping in single beds. Single occupancy shouldn't mean single beds for 290€ per night. Even a Travelodge gives you a double bed....and actually more comfortable. Hiding the ageing mattress with a layer of thick down feather didn't work for me.
Breakfast in the Club lounge was very nice, and I guess that's why it can justify 290€ per night.
Bathroom was a strange layout. An enormous toilet/bidet room while I showered in a test tube 600x600.

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank Steve B

Dear Guest,

First of all, we would like to thank you for having chosen the InterContinental Madrid Hotel during your recent visit to Madrid.

We are sorry to hear that your stay at our hotel was not at your entire satisfaction. Our number one priority is Guest Satisfaction. Rest assured that we've taken your suggestions under consideration so we can aim for a better service in the future.

We hope to welcome you back to InterContinental Madrid in the near future

A. Fernandez

Reviewed 21 September 2012

My third visit and as always a great place to stay. I arrived and was upgraded because I wanted a smoking room.....result. I had been my room an hour when I received a call from reception apologising but they had someone checking in to that room early the next morning so did I mind being upgraed to a suite...a senior suite, the best €185 I ever spent.
The staff are really freindly and the room service food is excellent.

Room Tip: ask for a room on the internal court yard as the road can be a bit noisy
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
19  Thank Flak88London

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to write this nice review about the InterContinental Madrid.

We are very happy to know that your recent visit has been fantastic. I will pass along your comment about our staff being very helpful. That’s what we are aiming for, guest satisfaction is our number one priority.

Hoping to welcome you again very soon,

A. Fernández

Reviewed 21 September 2012

My experience at the Interconti Madrid started out great – I was able to check in before noon and was welcomed by a video clip starring concierge Alfredo Garcia as soon as I opened the door. The clip had some very helpful and informative tips. And what a neat idea to welcome a new guest with a tailor-made introduction to the city!

The standard room I’d booked seemed more like a suite – the creative y-shape provided a spacious foyer with entrance to the huge bathroom area with separate toilet, large tub, roomy shower; and then separate spaces for sleeping and for working. The room’s very smart design extended to some great little touches too.

I especially appreciated the practical touches like the two plugs above the desk (at last I could charge both my laptop and camera simultaneously), the closet with interior lighting, hangers easy to remove, and a place to open up a suitcase in addition to a fold-out table for an extra suitcase. The safe was large enough for laptop. (There were problems with programming the safe, but the one-touch service on the phone provided someone to fix it almost instantly.) The room's view was just of a courtyard and other walls – but still the windows let in enough light to make the room bright.

I had very fast and free wifi because of a great online deal, but evidently those who join the free Priority Club Rewards program also get wifi free, one nice way of providing wifi service at no extra charge. My advice to other chains: Make wifi free or be prepared for guests to start choosing other hotels!

The large minibar was just a bit difficult to open but contained a brand new ethernet cable (first time I've seen a cable in a hotel minibar!). The 10 euro fee is justifiable considering you were in effect buying it to take home with you. Although I didn't need one, it was nice knowing one was available to purchase just in case.

While I was still enjoying my room after the very early check in, fresh fruit and water arrived - courtesy of the General Manager! I began to think that maybe someone had mixed up my reservation with a VIP’s. While there wasn’t a turn-down service in the evening, I enjoyed the delicious and generous fruit portion later and the next day too, especially since my special online deal included a 6 p.m. checkout – wonderful for a Sunday of touring Madrid and then catching a evening flight.

Since breakfast wasn’t included, I decided to try the advertised Sunday brunch with live music instead. The brunch was truly sumptuous – a superb selection of all sorts of delicacies from typically Spanish cuisine to excellent sushi creations, served in the spacious lobby with a view of the courtyard garden. The servers were friendly and very helpful in explaining all the treats available. The price wasn’t given anywhere, but the 50 euros on the bill for one person was in retrospect well worth the price, especially for someone who'd skipped breakfast and was starving like me. And what a really wonderful extra service for those with kids – there are special activities designed for them. The family sitting next to me were thus able to enjoy their meal, and their children weren’t bored either.

I’ve tried out now four other five-star hotels in Madrid and can say that because of the convenient location on the Paseo de Castellana not far from the Plaza de Colón, the spaciousness of the beautifully and practically designed room, along with all the thoughtful little extras, the Interconti is number 1 on my list of five-star hotels in Madrid so far.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
18  Thank GermanJody

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent correspondence regarding the InterContinental Madrid. We appreciate you taking the time to make us aware of your delightful experience during your recent stay.

We are always pleased to receive praise and acknowledgment of such a positive nature. It is truly rewarding when a guest recognizes our staff’s efforts and takes the time to say thank you. Your comments will be shared with our entire staff, as reinforcement to continue their efforts to make the InterContinental Madrid a leader in excellence.

Once again, thank you for your thoughtful comments. We look forward to the opportunity of serving you in the future.

A. Fernandez

Reviewed 21 September 2012

Pleasant experience,we had a nice,clean,quiet room with balcony,the staff was really helpful and friendly,everything we requested was sent more or less in 5 minutes.Liked the bathroom with separate door to the toilet.Nice location,metro station gregorio maranon very close.I wish we had more time to spend in the room,as we did sightseeing all day..

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
20  Thank elenip84

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write this nice review about the InterContinental Madrid.

We are very happy to know that your recent visit has been very enjoyable. I will pass along your comment about our staff being very helpful. That’s what we are aiming for, guest satisfaction is our number one priority.

A. Fernández