1,491 results
All reviewsantonio lopezbus stop right in frontcity centremain centreroom was clean and comfortableeuropean hotelssupermarketcafesbidet
Reviewed 13 September 2017 via mobile

We stayed one night on a Cosmos Tour of Spain and Portugal. The room was clean and fairly large. The hotel is far from the nearest Metro but a bus stop is close and gets you into the center city in about 15 minutes. The breakfast was barely satisfactory as there were no nuts, French bread, or cereal and the eggs were cold and watery.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Joel B
Reviewed 5 September 2017

We stayed here for 3 nights in August 2017 as part of Europamundo's tour of Madrid. Our party of 5 was booked into a double and a triple room. The rooms were clean, spacious and the beds were comfortable. The furnishings and fittings looked rather new. The hotel may have been refurbished recently, I presume. Breakfast was good with tasty pastries, fruits, scrambled eggs and sauteed mushrooms. We did not try the meats as we were on halal diet.
The location of the hotel is ideal for us as it is located in a quiet neighborhood far from the city centre. However, there is a bus stop right in front of the entrance where city bus no. 23 would take us to the city centre (plaza Mayor) for Euro 1.50 each way. Tickets were purchased on the bust itself. Coming back to the hotel was also easy by taking the same bus at its last stop at Plaza Mayor.
There is also a self service laundry about 50m from the hotel. Just put our dirty laundry in and the washer will supply the detergents and softerner automatically. No need to add our own detergents, etc. This is convenient for tourists as we do not need to purchase detergent separately.
There is also a 24-hour cafe across the street where one can have a pastry and coffee any time of the day.

Room Tip: We were on the 5th and 4th floor. Views outside the hotel only as the location is not in the city center.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 September 2017

We stayed at this hotel for four nights as part of a group.
It is not centrally located, but Plaza Mayor could be easily reached by bus (bus stop is in front of the hotel).
Metro station Marqués de Vadillo is 800m away.
Lidl shop is right across the street.
Greatest advantage of the location is river bank, we enjoyed a nice walks through the park.
Hotel is good for a short stay, rooms are clean and big enough.
You have to be patient with elevators, they work fine, but there is great number of people fluctuating through the lobby.
Breakfast was well organized, staff was amicable, food was good (except omelet, which was too raw for my taste) and altogether it was a nice start of an active day.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 September 2017 via mobile

We have travelled all the way from Miami, FL to spend 3 weeks all over Spain, our last stop is Madrid. As we check in the hotel, we get our room keys and head to our room. We noticed a smell that reeks as if the kitchen was on our floor. We continue to proceed to our room and noticed the smell is all over. We have been traveling for over 8 hours so we decide to place our belongings in the room. I decide to let the front desk know about the situation so maybe they can come and see what the problem could be, however the only response I get from the front desk was "you are the only ones that came to complain" so what's that problem? His tune was rude and not called for. I asked him, to please come with me upstairs to smell the odor from our floor, he said "no" but we do have 50 other guest that didn't complain. Since he decide to catch an attitude I asked the other gentleman in the desk to please check and see if their was another room available, he said "yes, we can move you" however the hotel is booked. I decide to walk up the stairs because the elevator all the sudden stop working to check each floor, there was no difference. To make it clear, to my mind I started reading reviews and of course I wasn't the only one complaining, it's been an ongoing situation. I decide to meet our group in the lobby ( we were a group of 53 people) and everyone was disappointed in the property...all said the same thing. The location is 15 mins in taxi to the downtown area and there is a supermarket right next door the hotel, I had to purchase a spray so our room could have a better smell. Overall, first day Experience was the worst ever. If you are coming from the USA in my opinion this would not be considered a 3.5 star has mentioned in our app. This would be a 2 star hotel such as a motel inn or super 8. Our trip was booked by a agency in which I will also pass this email to allow other future travelers aware of what they will experience. I hope you all read hotel reviews and consider what's best of quality for your experience in Another country.
In America customer service is what makes people retain their patrons, however this Establishment seems not to care, starting off with the front desk agents.

Btw this email was written sitting in the hotel lobby with at least 7 other patrons trying to use the wifi, the rooms do not have internet access. I hope management considers these comments to make future guest a better experience.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank FrequentFlier727845
Reviewed 27 August 2017

I was here as part of a tour so not my choice. Apart from being so far out of town, the hotel had virtually no redeeming features. Fixtures and fittings were old and tired. The lifts were tiny and inefficient. As for the food, some of the worst hotel food I have ever had. As a vegan I am used to putting up with whatever I am given but for breakfast all I had was dry toast and jam. The hotel had been informed that a vegan was coming. Also on the last day the housekeeping staff practically threw me out at 11.15 and was ranting at me in Spanish, even though check out time is 12.00. I wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo