“Toledo Half Day Tour”

Ranked #27 of 310 Tours in Madrid
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

We loved our half day tour with Spain Day Tours! From seamless booking to the actual tour. Our driver who was beyond prompt and engaging to our superb time with our Guide! We were blown away with our guides incredible knowledge, professionalism and stories to his ability to navigate us through long lines to areas that were less crowded highlighting everything we wanted to see and More. After our tour in the Cathedral de Toledo, we were met by the driver and van to be whisked away like royalty. It was a fantastic well-worth tour. I give this Tour 5+ stars!!!!

Rafael_A_Cabrera, Manager at Madrid Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2018

Thank you for the wonderful review! Our entire team takes pride in providing excellent service from the time you book the tour until the end of the tour itself. We’re very happy to hear that you had a fantastic time and that we made you feel like royalty. We appreciate you sharing your experience to others and we hope to see you again soon!

All reviews
in 10 reviews
"semi private day"
"excellent driver"
in 6 reviews
"highly recommend this tour company"
"dropped off"
in 12 reviews
"flamenco show"
in 8 reviews

Reviewed 2 April 2018

The organizers are excellent and the drivers are punctual and reliable. We used them to provide shuttle services to and from the airport. However, the Avila-Segovia tour is really for summers only. Even in March it is far too cold, and even the buildings (churches and palaces) are not heated. It is just not worth the money.

For the flamenco experience in Madrid---this is a highly professional organization. There are taxis waiting to take you back to your hotel after the show. The food is excellent; but the flamenco show is mediocre. The "stage" is tiny---picture three guitarists in a row---that is all the stage can take. There is no narration or translation, so it's not clear what you are listening to. The male singers are very old, and the leader was more interested in signaling to the wait staff than engaging the audience.

Rafael_A_Cabrera, Manager at Madrid Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2018

Thank you Heather for your review. We are sorry that you had such a cold day on your visit. We know you were very pleased with our services and the issue was the weather and the flamenco show (which is a different business to ours). Thank you. MadridDayTours

Reviewed 21 March 2018

I have to say I would most definitely use Madrid Day Tours again in the future! From booking the tour, to answering my questions, to the actual tour, this company exceeded my expectations every step of the way! The were so prompt in responding to everyone of my emails. I ended up choosing the private tour for 4 persons. I was able to let them know we wanted to visit a specific site- not one of the typical tourist attractions and they were able to accommodate. They were prompt in picking us up right at our hotel. Our driver/tour guide was Ricardo. I give him a 10! He was very professional, knowledgable, and accommodating. We drove out to Toledo for the first half of the day. Wonderful way to see the city. The second half of our day, we toured some of Madrid's highlights. When we finished our tour, Ricardo gave us a list of additional places we might want to visit while we were in Madrid. This was a handwritten note that he had even categorized which places were closest to the hotel. Amazing service! It was so nice to be able to go at "our pace". Ricardo had given us his cell number, and during lunch, we realized we were going to be a little longer, so I just sent him a text that we would meet him 15mins later. It was a fabulous day in all!

1  Thank Brenda B
Rafael_A_Cabrera, Manager at Madrid Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2018

Thank you for the wonderful review! We always try to make our tours more personalized by being flexible and letting our guests go at their own pace. We also take pride in providing excellent service starting from the moment you inquire about the tour until the end of the tour itself. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 20 February 2018 via mobile

I have never come across a company so professional, helpful and responsive. They quoted me promptly, their prices are very competitive and they helped me with suggestions about my time in Madrid. Even though I didn’t use them in the end because of my flight schedule, they were still kind enough to give me helpful tips on my day there, as well as a tel nr in case i need assistance on my own, without me even asking! Truly a company who cares about their customers, not just about the money. I am so impressed, and will recommend you to everyone i know!

Rafael_A_Cabrera, Manager at Madrid Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2018

Thank you for the very kind recommendation! We were sorry that you were not able to join us in the end and it was our pleasure to help you in any way we could. Our main objective when people contact us is to make sure they have a great visit in Spain, and of course we are very grateful when people appreciate this. Thank you!!

We hope to be able to welcome you in Spain when you visit again soon, and until then, all the best wishes and our sincere gratitude for your kind review!

See more reviews
Reviewed 11 February 2018 via mobile

We had the best of the best a comfortable car and an Amazing tour guide Oskar Martin Lafuente, he was that good we asked for him for the following day or we would not have taken a second day if he was unavailable. He is a walking history guide the knowledge that he shared with our family was a true passion and dedication to his job. He loves his job and made our trip so great we will be recommending him to our friends & family who are coming over from Australia this year. I can keep raving on how good he was but I won’t, just make sure you ask for him when booking he will guide you to the most sacred places, the most delicious places to eat and the best views in the county. I rarely give 5 stars but he was so so worth it. Thank you Madrid Day Tours for employing such a wonderful team member to make our trip so memorable.

Rafael_A_Cabrera, Manager at Madrid Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2018

Thank you for your fantastic review! Oskar was very glad to hear the wonderful things you said about him and he sends his regards. He appreciates you sharing your experience with others and recommending him to your friends and family. He and our entire team are very dedicated in sharing the best that our country has to offer. We look forward to seeing you again soon!