“Wonderful pastries”

Price range: USD 0 - USD 12
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Neighbourhood: Centro
Reviewed 4 January 2012

Nice place for pastries and coffee, sandwiches. It's always crowded but service is fast.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,682)

Reviewed 28 December 2011

When in the Plaza del Sol, make it a point to stop here for a pastry (or two or three!). My sister and I were in Madrid for a week and we stopped here at least four times. We especially loved the croissants (chocolate, and ham and cheese) but every thing we tried was excellent. It is always crowded, and understandably so, but don't let that deter you. The wait it not long, and certainly well worth it. I'm heading back to Madrid at the end of January 2012 and can't wait to make a stop here again!

Reviewed 20 December 2011

This is the best place to go for a coffee and pastry/cake, Its so busy all of the time but you have to be patient for a space at the bar and it will be worth it!

Reviewed 19 December 2011

So you go in, quickly scan the shelves, decide what you want, do your best to communicate it to staff and have your Euros ready to handover! They were so quick and easy with the service that I didn't have any trouble ordering although I have learned a few years of high school and college Spanish. I handed over my Euros, they gave me change, and we took our pastries outside to enjoy in the Plaza. A wonderful experience with friendly, speedy service and I would definitely return!

Reviewed 14 November 2011

I'll confess, I'm a pastry junkie. All types of pastry, cake, and sweets are on my list of things to try when visiting other places. La Mallorquina has always delivered some of my favorites. Sorry, I can't say them in Spanish, but they're delicious: the cookies, cake, cream-filled items, and so on. The place bustles with Madrileños coming in for coffee and a treat so don't be shy. Get up to the counter and place your order, by the piece or weight. Luckily the little hotel where I stay is only a few blocks away. We load up on treats at La Mallorquina then tote them back to share with our lovely host and other guests. If you're passing through Madrid, especially on the way up to Plaza Mayor, give this place a try.

2  Thank SanNic44