“Cheap TASTY pastries but crowded”
Review of La Mallorquina

La Mallorquina
Ranked #7 of 124 Bakeries in Madrid
Price range: USD 0 - USD 11
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Neighbourhood: Centro
Reviewed 19 December 2011

So you go in, quickly scan the shelves, decide what you want, do your best to communicate it to staff and have your Euros ready to handover! They were so quick and easy with the service that I didn't have any trouble ordering although I have learned a few years of high school and college Spanish. I handed over my Euros, they gave me change, and we took our pastries outside to enjoy in the Plaza. A wonderful experience with friendly, speedy service and I would definitely return!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,884)

Reviewed 14 November 2011

I'll confess, I'm a pastry junkie. All types of pastry, cake, and sweets are on my list of things to try when visiting other places. La Mallorquina has always delivered some of my favorites. Sorry, I can't say them in Spanish, but they're delicious: the cookies, cake, cream-filled items, and so on. The place bustles with Madrileños coming in for coffee and a treat so don't be shy. Get up to the counter and place your order, by the piece or weight. Luckily the little hotel where I stay is only a few blocks away. We load up on treats at La Mallorquina then tote them back to share with our lovely host and other guests. If you're passing through Madrid, especially on the way up to Plaza Mayor, give this place a try.

2  Thank SanNic44
Reviewed 12 October 2011

The best bakery and café in Madrid - highly recommended. Great atmosphere to enjoy eating wonderful pastries with the locals - and the coffee is good too! One not to miss when you are in Madrid.

2  Thank cdw188
Reviewed 13 September 2011

A very nice cafe/bakery shop if you are on the go in the morning. Majority of customers are locals and it gives you a traditional feel in the sense that this is how madrid citizens have their breakfast before work or wherever they are headed off to. Theres no seats, just standind room where there's more than plenty of servers to give you immediate service.
Prices are cheap given location (Sol) of this cafe/bakery. Enjoy!

4  Thank travel_junkieGR
Reviewed 22 June 2011

My husband has the sweet tooth, but I even enjoyed this stop. We had a delicious napolitana and some ok rosquillas. The atmosphere was local and the service was fast and friendly. We will be back!

1  Thank Tpmp1620