“Good hotel and best front manager”

NH Madrid Barajas Airport
Ranked #220 of 435 Hotels in Madrid
Jerusalem, Israel
“Good hotel and best front manager”
Reviewed 6 March 2010

Me and my wife chose this hotel for the N.H. good reputation and not far from airport. Before arriving we got all the information we need from the front manager , Miss Cristina Ramírez, and 10 minutes after landing she send the free shuttle to take us to hotel, give us a nice room and resolve all our problems. After 1 week we decided to stay again in this hotel. The flight arrived at 10 p.m. and this time also Miss Ramírez send the shuttle after 10 minutes we called hotel and again got a nice room. The metro is 5 minutes walking from hotel and in 20 minutes you are in Madrid center. The rate was 49 euro include breakfast. Certainly, we will come back to this hotel the next our visit in Madrid

Monel-Israel

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank monel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Manchester
Reviewed 24 March 2009

I booked a twin at the non-refundable discounted rate which included breakfast which is the best rate you can book online.On arrival at Barajas I asked the information desk to phone for the courtesy bus which arrived about 20 minutes later taking me back to the hotel which is based in a suburb of Madrid(even though it was a 10min drive-there was no aircraft noise at the hotel).I was under the impression that to get into Madrid I would have to take the courtesy bus back to the airport to catch the Metro but I was pleasantly surprised when the hotel advised that 200m away was the Metro station 'El Capricho' which meant very easy access into the City.The Metro system in Madrid was clean,efficient and very good value.Also by the hotel was a nice selection of local bars one of which served local delicacies.In addition the hotel was very clean,rthe staff attentive and the continental breakfast offered plenty of choice.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled on business
2 Thank Leinsterlion
spain
Reviewed 23 May 2008

First hotel we found coming into Madrid by ring road from Valencia(confusing signs to airport.)From outside ,the building resembles a prison (inside is a bit better) and has 2 buildings linked by a courtyard. Hotel has an underground car park,secure, 12 euros a day and as we were going away on a cruise for a week the following day ,decided to leave the car there for the duration and take the free shuttle bus to airport.Enquired to stay for a night on our return,but the price of a room suddenly increased to 157 euros so decided against that and just booked for overnight and the car park. Nice reception staff and our room was well designed for a small room, comfortable bed , and very clean. Even though there was a road outside there was little noise.Unfortunately there was nothing opened in the hotel for a drink or food ,as it was a weekend ,so had to find refreshment in one of the adjoining streets which had a couple of restaurants and a bar.More expense.
Breakfast was the normal continental and cold hard boiled eggs.
The service was professional and the airport shuttle was on time.

On our late return the following Sunday the reception was open and we collected the car and drove home.

I am sure there are better options for a cheaper hotel if you know the area but we only wanted a place for the night,near to the airport and most of the hotels in that area know that and can command a good price. Warning, the taxi back to the hotel from Barajas charged us 26 euros which is very expensive for a less than 5 kms journey.!

• Liked — location to airport
  • Disliked — no restaurant facilities
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
1 Thank spanishfly58
Paris, France
Reviewed 13 October 2007

I never expect much from an airport hotel - sleep and efficiency, that's all.

This hotel had none of that.

1) Arrived at Barajas airport at midnight and called the hotel to enquire where I get their shuttle bus. The reply "it is currently working for another hotel and could pick you up in 45-50 minutes" not
what I wanted at midnight so I had to go and make Taxi Driver very unhappy.
2) Arrived at he hotel, checkin of the people in front of me took forever.
3) I didn't expect much in the way of food -but not only was there no Room Service, but the Resturant was CLOSED ON WEEKENDS. So I tried the dispenser machines and have a lovely dinner of Chocolate and chips - washed down with a Soda. My doctor would have a fit.
4) Double glazing in an airport hotel is normally a standard, not at the NH Barajas where every car within a mile seemed to be driving through my room
5) The only time I couldn't hear the traffic was at about 3am when the neighbours checked in - and then "had fun"
6) Breakfast consisted of, not much. A hard boiled egg, toast and watered down coffee

The only good things where the fact that there were taxis outside in the morning and the hotel was still nicer than the High Tech Hotel

• Stayed October 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank Samba75

Travellers are raving about these Madrid hotels