All reviews san bernardo metro station quiet square globus tour breakfast buffet minute walk nice hotel residential neighborhood city centre hotel is located weekend break single room the hotel staff hop on hop decent size nice stay rooms are comfortable
Reviewed 16 August 2018

the hotel is beautiful. staff is professional and so very helpful. the hotel is near everything. the rooms are spacious, we had a triple and had enough room to move around. i wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Fernando O, Director General at Sercotel Gran Hotel Conde Duque, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2018

Dear bestbites26

Thanks so much for this kind review and sharing your trip details. We appreciate your feedback and I am happy to hear that you truly enjoyed our offerings, your guest room, and all of your interactions with our team. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 15 August 2018 via mobile

It was my first trip to Madrid and staying at this hotel was a good choice.The area of the hotel is very quiet and is near the center if you walk a little. The staff was very helpful , the hotel was very clean, perfect wifi signal and nice breakfast. I liked it !!

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
Fernando O, Director General at Sercotel Gran Hotel Conde Duque, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2018

Dear guest,

There is no greater joy than learning that a guest found their experience with us to be absolute perfection and we thank you for investing the time to share these kind words. It was a pleasure to have you here with us and we look forward to welcoming you time and again in the years to come.

Yours Sincerely,

Reviewed 11 August 2018 via mobile

I have been here for about one week with my partner. The staff is very nice and helpful. The cleaning service is very good and the breakfast service it is fantastic. You can have breakfast choosing among different types of food and the products served have a great level of quality. I recommend this hotel if you go to Madrid and want to have a good and smooth holiday.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Fernando O, Director General at Sercotel Gran Hotel Conde Duque, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2018

WOW! Thank you very much for this wonderful review of your last stay at the Sercotel Gran Hotel Conde Duque. We pride ourselves on our high level of service and we will most certainly be sharing this review with the entire team. We greatly appreciate your business and are thrilled to hear everything went wonderfully. We will definitely see you back on your next trip to Madrid.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 5 August 2018

Hotel was located away from center of town, convenient to metro stop once I figured out directions it was very easy to get around. I had initially been concerned that I was too far out from the center of town, but the metro system was easy to learn and very convenient and safe. Hotel was Located in a quiet residential area. Room size was comfortable for a single traveler. Staff was friendly, bar/lounge area had great drinks and decent food. Breakfast buffet was ample. My room had been a little noisy as I think laundry facilities or pipes something were located near my room, but wasn't disruptive.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
Fernando O, Director General at Sercotel Gran Hotel Conde Duque, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2018

Dear Gina,

Thank you so much for your awesome review, glad to know you had such a great stay and you loved all our facilities.
Our location is the best in Madrid if you want to rest at night in a very elegant neighbourhood, but just a few minutes walk from the center of the city. It is the favorite neighborhood of the locals to live, being one of the most expensive and exclusive neighborhoods of the city, plenty of restaurants and shops.

We thank you once again for your kind review and look forward to welcoming you back for many more great stays.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 1 August 2018 via mobile

I traveled all around Spain to know more about it's culture, it's food and its people. This room story repeated twice with my staying at Sercotel Gran Hotel Conde Duque besides another hotel in Madrid which I'll also review later... I booked this hotels through Agoda. First of all, I paid for a room with "city view", but when I arrived to the hotel, walking and sweaty since I checked out from the hotel in Gran Via so I decided to walk 16 minutes to there, the font desk gentleman checked me in, he gave me my room key and SURPRISE!! When I got into the hotel room it had no view other than the four interior dirty walls of the hotel which was SO DEPRESSING! Besides it, the room was extremely small.
Since the rooms have no a hotel directory on site, I had to go downstairs and ask him to move me to a better room (that's your right when you pay for something, right?) I explained him I was going to stay there for four days therefore I wanted a better view and told him I paid for a "city view" as it was stated on Agoda when I paid for my booking. He looked at me with a bitter gesture on his face and told me " well, all single rooms are without city view, since they are all on that side of the hotel..." ( my question to myself was, why do they advertise city view then?) Anyways... He gave me a bigger room with view to the back side of an apartment building... I was tired already, after 19 days traveling around so I took this room.
By the way, I have to point out the daily housekeeping was awesome. These ladies cleaned my room really good and left me clean towels and toiletries every day (five stars to them!) And also, I asked for an iron to the lady at front desk and she got it for me right away!
The neighborhood is nice and quiet ( mostly retired seniors around) so a good one to rest if that's what you are looking for after going in and out of planes and trains for three weeks. you

Stayed: July 2018, travelled solo
Fernando O, Director General at Sercotel Gran Hotel Conde Duque, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2018

Dear guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate the feedback that is very important for us.
I have already informed Agoda.com to fix the error in the text, of the views of the room that you booked. I observe by your words, that is not our problem because it also happened to you in another hotel.
Although you booked an individual room, the receptionist offered you(we had availability)a double room for single use, to improve your stay without cost for you,
We are most grateful for your warm comments about our fantastic staff.

We hope to have the chance to welcome you back and offer you the excellent service my team and I are striving for.

Thanks again,