The Westin Palace Madrid
USD 111
USD 281
Agoda.com
4,485 results
All reviewsheavenly bedstained glass domeopera brunchspg pointsprado museumneptune fountainconcierge staffclassic hotelbusiness centerbreakfast buffetthyssen bornemiszawithin walking distanceperfect locationtapasreina sofiaexecutive roomlarge hotel
Reviewed 14 December 2016 via mobile

The staff was especially helpful and attentive. The rooms were divine and the hotel was magnificent! I am so happy I stayed there. The location was incredible because I was in the center of everything and could walk everywhere!

Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
Paloma H, Manager at The Westin Palace Madrid, responded to this reviewResponded 15 December 2016

Dear Susan,
It's great to know that you have enjoyed the hotel and the city during your recent visit to Madrid
Thank you so much for sharing your experinence and for recommending us!
Looking forward to welcome you back in the very near future,

Reviewed 14 December 2016 via mobile

Located in the heart of Madrid, beautiful architecture, good sized rooms,excellent room amenities and most of all Excellent Service!! Sadly soundproofing for our room (hopefully it's only this room) is a total let down. Sound from above, the corridor and even from the streets are filtering into the room as early as 2.15 am onwards........ especially when having travelled 30+ hours and needing some descent sleep. Wonder if the Management can do anything about this. Such a pity when everything is so Perfect!!!! A big thank you to all the staff for being so nice or our stay would be a big disappointment.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Cheryl C

Dear Cheryl,
Thank you very much for your review regarding your stay with us!
First of all I apologize for the incident mentioned about the lack of sound proofing ¡n your room. Please send me additional feedback (room occupied) at westinpalace.madrid@westin.com as I understand your dissapointment.
On the other hand, I celebrate with the team that we were able to exceed your expectations with the hotel itself and the service provided by our staff.
Looking forward to welcome you back in the near future,

Reviewed 13 December 2016

Before I rant about the decline in quality of the Westin chain, let me say that the Westin Palace is in the grand European tradition, truly memorable. Luxerious lobby and accommodations, wonderful service, super location. Lamentably, this is the exception---most Westins no longer measure up. Once upon a time, if you went to a Westin you could be certain of at least a 4 1/2 star experience. But then the people at Starwood decided that if they rebranded 3-star Sheratons as Westins, they could milk more money out of the deal. If you go to any airport "Westin," you can be fairly sure that Starwood is pulling a slight-of-hand.

But the Westin Palace is the real deal. Go there.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank shinhanga
Paloma H, Manager at The Westin Palace Madrid, responded to this reviewResponded 14 December 2016

Dear Tripadvisor,
Thank you so much for choosing us in your visit to our city and for recommending us!
I have shared you great review with the team to celebrate that we were able to exceed your expectations with the hotel itself and its services.
Looking forward to welcome you back in the very near future,

Reviewed 10 December 2016 via mobile

Had a great time in Madrid. This hotel is top. Great service , free wifi and the best location. Few minutes walking to main attractions. You can do a lot of walking. Rooms are very nice. Only a 15 minute drive from the airport. The price for a 5 star hotel was great.

Stayed: December 2016
Paloma H, Manager at The Westin Palace Madrid, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2016

Dear Robbie,
Thank you so much for such a wonderful review!
I have shared it with the team to celebrate that we were able to exceed your expectations with the hotel and its services.
Looking forward to welcome you back in the near future,
Warm regards,

Reviewed 9 December 2016

Having stayed at various Starwood properties around the world, including several Westins, Sheratons, and Ws, I must say the Westin Palace Madrid was by far the most disappointing. The room and service quality did not match the usual Westin standards (The Westin Nusa Dua in Bali was, for me, the positive extreme of room and service quality, and I have used it as a mental benchmark while writing this review). A few qualms I had with the room and service in particular:

(1) Ancient Room - granted The Palace is a heritage building that is supposed to exude an old world feel, but the room is utterly disgraceful, with outdated and uncomfortable furniture and a squeaky bed (which was far from "heavenly"!). Perhaps It felt as though I had walked right into an unkempt studio apartment as opposed to a room in a five-star hotel. If I wanted an unkempt studio, I would have hired an Airbnb for a quarter of the price. I'm not sure if the hotel has refurbished rooms, but I certainly received the short end of the stick and I would recommend management to address the room quality as a matter of urgency (for their own sake).

(2) Inadequate Amenities - no slippers, q-tips, mouthwash, coffee/tea, adequate international TV channels, etc. All of the above are standard for Westins and most other five-star hotels.

(3) Poor Service - I had to call 3 times to finally have an international power adapter delivered, and 2 times to hire the "Westin workout kit", of which they didn't seem to have shorts in standard Medium size.

I am amazed that Starwood and Westin would let their standards slip and reach such a low point. I would not in a right frame of mind ever pay EUR200-300 per night for such poor quality again.

In fact, I had planned to extend my stay at the Westin from 4 to 6 nights. Given my experience, I departed after 4 nights and checked into nearby hotel with much higher standards.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled on business
4  Thank Kunal A

Dear Kunal,
Thank you for your loyalty to Starwood and Westin hotels and for your review.
First of all, I apologize as we didn't meet your expectations with the room received and the service provided by our associates.
In our effort to maintain a high quality level, we renovate one guest rooms floor every year, following our Capital Annual Projects, as we are doing this year and we will do in 2017.
I have shared your comments with the team to learn from them and improve.
Hope you will give us another opportunity to welcome you back and serve you better.
Best regards,