“New, clean and convenient”
Review of Axor Feria Hotel

Axor Feria Hotel
Ranked #166 of 440 Hotels in Madrid
Reviewed 22 May 2012

We flew into Madrid late at night and had to catch our connecting flight the next morning.

For this purpose, the hotel offered everything we needed:
- free transfer to and from the airport
- WiFi internet
- a clean modern room with a nice bathroom
- a good bed to sleep in (they even had "back-out curtains")
- a decent breakfast. I had a few helpings.
And all that at a very reasonable price. There is nothing I could criticise here. I would return to this hotel given a similar situation.

Note: We chose this place, since their airport pickup operates until 12:30 AM (and doesn't stop at 11:30 PM like elsewhere)

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,555)

Reviewed 12 May 2012

It is really nice to stay in the Axor, it was comfortable and modern and nice price too. I went there with my husband and 2 kids, the room was large and clean. I rent a car in the airport and the parking in the hotel cost me 18 euros extra, the space for the parking is really small so you have to be a good driver. For me and my family was amazing.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 May 2012

The Axor Feria's service was the absolute worse of any hotel I stayed in during my recent trip to Europe.

The Axor Feria experience began with me sitting on the airport transfer bus alone while the driver called to find out where the Axor Feria was located because he was only told about the Axor Barajas. They're side-by-side though the bus starts and ends its' trips at the Axor Barajas.

The check-in process demonstrated that there was absolutely no communication between staff members. Weeks and months before my arrival, I requested in writing a non-smoking room and transport to the airport for my departure. The front desk staff member had no idea about my previous requests. To emphasize the poor communication, I later realized that the front desk staff had neglected to tell me about the breakfast buffet (where and what time) and to give me the Wi-Fi password.

It's obvious that the front desk staff doesn't care about the guests, and I understand why.

Axor Feria general manager/director, Daniel Gonzalez behaved like the stereotypical used car salesman when I asked him why wasn't I billed correctly. During checkout, the Axor Feria billed me and I paid cash. Then, the Axor Feria charged my Mastercard for the second night after I had already checked out and left the hotel. Plus, the emailed receipt claims the payment was from a Visa credit card even though the Axor Feria charged my Mastercard.

Strange.

Gonzalez' response, "I don't see the problem". Let me tell you since 1985, I have never been charged for anything, at any hotel after I had already checked out.

When I asked why was I charged for two breakfasts when I was alone (the second person cancelled at the last minute), Axor Feria general manager, Daniel Gonzalez lied and claimed that the breakfast buffet was part of a package price. But their previous booking website indicates that the breakfast buffet was an additional 9 euro per person option. I have copies of the original booking. Even though I reserved two person breakfasts at some of the other hotels I used, all (except Axor Feria) billed for an one person breakfast without solicitation. The good hotels informed me that we reduced your final bill because only one breakfast was served.

Gonzalez goes on to mention "cheating" and "robbing" (guilty conscience) in his email because I complained after the Axor Feria charged me for a service I couldn't/didn't use and that cost them nothing additional. Go figure.

Finally, I witnessed the breakfast buffet attendant attempting to turn away latecomers even though the food was still available. She strongly discouraged the latecomers from entering the breakfast buffet room though she eventually relented. It was a completely unnecessary occurrence.

What I experienced at the Axor Feria; poor communication, irregular billing/accounting practices, dishonesty, bullying guests, clean modern rooms with no toiletries, no tissue or clock.

I believe that you can find better accommodations near the airport.

Thanks for reading.

MS

FYI: If you attempt to go out on the town at night, the taxi drivers will charge you a flat rate (to their advantage) instead of using the taxi meter.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank more_science
Reviewed 8 May 2012

Well located near the airport, a 10-minute shuttle ride, big rooms, a little impersonal (hey, it's an airport hotel). Perhaps a little more staff training?

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Rybas
Reviewed 25 April 2012

Contemporary Hotel located close to the aIrport. Rooms are large and very clean. The whole hotel has a very modern feel to it. Breakfast included an extensive selection of cereals and continental style food.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business