Axor Feria Hotel
USD 241*
USD 224*
Only YOU Hotels
1,591 results
All reviewsfree shuttleairport shuttlesister hotel next doormadrid airporta large shopping mallshuttle servicegreat airport hotelnear airportan early morning flightovernight staymodern hotelnext morningbetween flightsgreat showerrooms are spaciouscity centrevisiting madrid
Reviewed 28 March 2012

I stayed here one night before taking a flight to my next destination the morning after. The location is very convenient. The staff is kind and helpful. The rooms are very nice put together in this spanish style "design hotel". The breakfast is very nice and complete. The special room rate I got included internet and parking, very convenient and I'm sure there's not a better deal with the hotels around the airport. I'm completely satisfied with my stay and will definetly come back if I'm by Madrid.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank L P
Reviewed 21 February 2012

Reception at 01-Hotel Axor Feria 3 Madrid on 2 February 2012. Having driven from Santander in very bad weather I (Val) and a girlfriend decided to stop in Madrid. On checking Bookings.Com on my friends phone we were told that there were 5 double rooms available at this hotel. We drove straight there arriving around 1900. At reception a Raquel Fernandez abruptly informed us that the hotel was full. We returned to our car and went back to Bookings.com on the Iphone to be told that there were still rooms available at this hotel. We therefore booked our room online taking the booking confirmation back into the hotel reception. We were then told by the same person that "it is impossible"! Raquel Fernandez then went into the office and spoke with someone, came back and said "now is possible". If the weather had not been so bad we would have gone elsewhere. The management of this hotel should be aware of how customer guests are being treated by this unhelpful receptionist. The rest of the hotel staff were very good and we enjoyed a comfortable and pleasant stay of one night.'

Room Tip: One night not long enough to access
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Ken and Val Q
Reviewed 20 February 2012

Me and my wife, stayed here for less than 24 hours. We just wanted a place to "crash" after a transatlantic flight, then take the airplane back home.
First we were surprised that we had a free airport shuttle to the hotel, which meant getting to the hotel took 10 minutes, in 20 minutes we were in the room, unwinding from the flight.
The rooms were very nice, modern furnishing, big bathroom and shower. One thing we did find odd was that there were not toiletries, instead a message, saying we can request them at the reception if we need any. We didn't need anything so that was ok.
Room heating was very good, windows were very large, we had some kind of view (room 434) and we would open the window for some fresh air.
We had internet in the room, I used Ethernet, and I had no problems with it, just plug and surf.
On each floor the hallway has some "theme" to it, one is a business center, in one you could use laptops of the hotel, one was a "wiizone", one was just a relaxation area.
The decorations were very modern, which was a nice change from our other hotels we visited.
Our room price had breakfast included, which was good for us as we had a flight at 10 a.m. There is nothing to complain about this, except perhaps that they had only scrambled eggs on the buffet (or perhaps they had other varieties, and we missed them somehow).
The staff was very helpful and polite.
The location of the hotel is 1km from a shopping mall, where you can go on foot, and you find all the major fashion stores (this was a boon for my wife) if you want to do a little shopping.

All in all we would definately stay here again, especially for short durations, the only disadvantage to visiting madrid is that it is not close to city center, and travel by public transport probably takes a bit longer than you might need, other than that, fits the bill perfectly.

Room Tip: rooms farther from the elevators may get a better view and there is some space between buildings
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DyJohnnY
Reviewed 5 February 2012

Hotels in Madrid are so expensive - so we booked a few nights here and took the free airport shuttle to ride the metro into the centre. Think it definitely aided our budget because the shuttle is free and tourist passes cheap. It's nice and clean, with lots of laptops for you to use if you haven't brought your own. It's also round the corner from a massive shopping centre (if you arrive on Saturday, just follow the traffic jam and it'll take you to the car park). It's Spain so it's not open on a Sunday.

I booked this because it was cheaper than the Axor Barajas next door - but I really couldn't see any difference in the lobby, and I can't imagine the rooms are that different because the buildings seemed to mirror each other. Also, there wasn't much to be improved upon.

Overall - very enjoyable.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank Caroline M
Reviewed 21 January 2012

Close to the airport with a convenient shuttle bus, this spotless hotel was the perfect spot for a short stay between flights. Not too difficult to get to the city centre from the airport but it does take about an hour. Good connections through the metro to the Atocha Renfe station means that it's also a good spot if you want to do a day trip to Toledo or Segovia (which we did). Very comfortable beds, great shower, good service and free wi-fi. Overall we were very happy and would definitely stay again. However, if you're staying in Madrid for a while, it would be inconvenient.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple