“The tortilla de patatas tasted so good”

Bodega de la Ardosa
Ranked #1,001 of 12,369 Restaurants in Madrid
Price range: USD 19 - USD 26
Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Malasaña
Reviewed 6 April 2018

I found Bodega after googling 'best tortillas in Madrid' and it was the first option that came up. I decided to stick with Google's choice and give it a try, and it definitely didn't disappoint.
It had a dark 'pub' atmosphere inside, where you sat on stools with big barrels as tables, so it's not a restaurant type environment but a great place to have a few drinks and some tapas. It also didn't feel very touristy and I had the impression that it was a place usually more popular with the locals which felt quite nice in a way.

The tortilla de patatas tasted great! It was cooked slightly runny which I've been told is the best way, and it came with a bread basket. I wish I could have stayed longer to try more tapas!

Reviewed 31 March 2018

This one was highly recommended and did not disappoint. Great neighborhood feel with real character. Was definitely worth going. Felt like you were part of Madrid's history.

Reviewed 12 March 2018

Very classy, great ingredients and the best classics from the Spanish cuisine. Good wine selection too!

Reviewed 16 February 2018

I enjoy trying the "best" tortillas in Madrid, and ventured here on a Friday afternoon to try their tortilla with onion.

I ordered a pincho/slice of tortilla (2.95 euros) and found a place to sit. The bar area in the front is very small but I believe there is more seating hidden in the back. The bar was quite crowded and my tortilla arrived with a generous serving of bread after a few minutes.

It was fresh and hot and still a little gooey inside, which was perfect for me. The bread was also excellent, which is also very important for me.

Even if you can't find a seat, I can recommend coming here for their tortilla.

Reviewed 19 January 2018

I think this is supposed to be the oldest tapas bar in Spain! In any case, it is THE place to try to Tapas! Very cool how you have to crawl through a hole under the bar to get to secret room with tables! (All standing tables....no seats)! Very authentic...no English...no photos on menu...but managed to order some yummy food for lunch. Best "tortilla" (more like an egg omelette) all weekend and we tried several! And the Spanish Jamón ham w/ balsamic vinegar was yum yum yum! Very busy and popular spot!