“Close to the airport” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #112 of 444 Hotels in Madrid
Cologne, Germany
“Close to the airport”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2011

This is a nice modern hotel very close to the airport. We chose this hotel because of its location. The hotel is only 10 minutes away from the airport, and there is a free shuttle bus leaving every hour. Even though we were taking the 4:45 am shuttle and breakfast wasn't being served yet, there was coffee available in the lobby for us.

The rooms are spacious and clean. The interior design of the room is pleasing to the eye, and the beds are quite comfortable. The bathroom has all the amenities you might need. There is room service available and next to the lobby, there is a business center where you can use computers and a printer for free. (Throughout the hotel there is free WiFi available, too).

The staff speaks English quite well and the service is satisfactory. If you are planning on going to Madrid city center, there are several buses that you can take to the the Avda. de América metro station. The trip from the hotel to e.g. Puerta del Sol, takes about 50-60 minutes.

The only minus is that the noise from the restaurant can be heard up to the rooms. As we were used to Spanish meal times though (dinner time is 9 pm - 11:30pm), this was not an issue for us.

If you are planning on staying only one night in Madrid with an early morning flight, this hotel is a good choice for you.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank alo6

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2011

Chosen for its proximity to the airport and its free shuttle service the hotel Nuevo Boston did not disappoint. Our interior room was quiet and dark, of a nice size and with good bathroom amenities. The restaurant was surprisingly good for one serving basically a captive audience. Free shuttle was booked for 4am, and departed on time. A good cup of coffee was even available before hand.

If you need a place to stay for a night near the airport, this is a good one -- and a great value.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
fort lauderdale
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2011

I stayed here because it was convenient to the airport and free shuttle was offered.
I booked two nights as my daughter was staying on an extra day in Madrid.

There was no box of tissues in the room. Normally I wouldn't think it's a big deal (although a 4 star hotel...hmmm should provide tissues) However, I was reeeallly sick with a bad cold. Nevertheless, I called the front desk and asked for some tissues. Quickly I was brought a teeny weeny pack that was the size of 1/8 of a travel pack of kleenex! I called back and explained how sick I was and that I needed a box and was told that those individual packs were all that they had but they would bring me more. ( I am fluent in Spanish, so no language barrier here) Quickly, one more tiny package arrived! I was not happy.

The next morning I arrived downstairs at 7:55 as I was told. (Shuttle service only runs once an hour to the airport) They had no clue in the morning that I had booked it the night before, but did get me there with no problem.

By the way, someone wrote a review that the shuttle would take you to city center etc.; however, when I asked if they would shuttle me to the shopping mall down the road (because it was raining), which is a ten minute walk, and a 2 minute drive, they would not do it.

The following day I was awakened by my daughter at 6 am US time (after traveling home 16 hours). She had a splitting headache. I told her to just pick up the phone and ask the hotel to give her some asprin, iburpofen, tylenol etc. Every hotel has a first aid kit. My daughter told me not only would they not provide any, but they were not nice about it either.

When my daughter checked out of the hotel, I was again disturbed be her having to call me (at my expense) because they gave her a hassle. I had given them my Amex (which they required at check-in and also signed for my stay). Their front desk people are incompetent.

Oh, which reminds me. When we checked in we were given the key to "our" room. After traveling all day and looking forward to plopping down for a minute on the bed, we opened the door only to be greeted by a man screaming at us, followed by a lady in her thong running to lock the door again behind us! Ooopsie, they gave us keys to an occupied room.

The reception not warm, the service was not hospitable, the employees not particularly pleasant, and I did not enjoy this hotel. It was however, a clean and comfortable place to stay by the airport as long as you don't need tissues.

Room Tip: I would try a different hotel.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank mbaker04
Winston Salem, NC USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2011

We chose this hotel because it was near the airport and had a shuttle service. You should know that you have to call them to pick you up at the airport - they don't just make rounds like some hotels do. Also, you must tell the desk (the night before) that you will need a shuttle TO the airport.
We rode the Airport Express bus from Madrid to the airport and then called the shuttle. No problem. And a lot less expensive than a taxi.
The hotel is very nice. Very modern, slightly quirky (but in a good way). They have a restaurant but it's expensive. Breakfast starts at 7:30, which is good.
Our room was clean and comfortable. The staff was friendly and helpful. We would stay there again.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
Pretoria, South Africa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2011

I'm here for business travel and only stayed one night. I did not expect anything as I thought all of the hotels close to airport were pretty much the same.
But this hotel with such price is good!

Room is spacious, free wifi in the entire hotel, it's just nice and new! Definitely coming back!

Oh but there's one small drawback...
Early in the morning you might hear dishes clases clicking as the staff getting breakfast ready on the ground floor. I was staying on the 3th floor but still could hear it.
Nevertheless that did not bother me.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business