“Over priced and over rated.”
Review of Cava Baja 17

Cava Baja 17
Ranked #2,250 of 12,964 Restaurants in Madrid
Neighbourhood: La Latina
Neighbourhood: La Latina
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

The first tapas bar on the Cava Baja street. I honestly don't know how people are giving this place anything above two stars, one can only imagine they have not eaten in real tapas bars. This bar is soulless, lacks character and is a tourist trap. Walk past it and indulge in far superior tapas along the Cava Baja street.

Date of visit: April 2018

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

We got a local recommendation for this place and it was fantastic. José is one of the owners, and he is very helpful and very friendly! The staff was great, food was delicious and atmosphere was lively. I highly recommend the patatas bravas with aioli and also the goat cheese salad! Please try to not miss this restaurant! Thanks for a great evening José!

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed 27 March 2018 via mobile

Spent 25 minutes and could not get a food order placed. It was a Monday night and traffic was light. Waiter made three food orders and got change for a table. I can’t say for certain but I don’t think he liked the fact we were American even if I conversed I in Spanish.

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed 26 February 2018 via mobile

We stopped here and did not know about them. The waiter kindly recommended a Ribera they have, and glad he did. Awesome taste.
Loved the tapas too. A clean modern place in a city full of bars. I will be back.

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed 26 February 2018

We had paella which I was dying to try and we did the Mariscos (seafood). We were not disappointed. The salad was lovely (verdes) and the bread was excellent. They had these little bread sticks in the basket which were delicious. The paella was good with shrimps and seafood inside. We did not stay for dessert. The service was good too even as the restaurant got full.

Date of visit: February 2018