2,511 results
All reviewssky restaurantla salaaqua barmarina sidegary barrettocean villagetop deckcontrol panelrunway viewairport runwayjuliet balconyplunge poolbreakfast was amazingfloating hoteldeluxe roomfive star hotelbars and restaurants
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

We booked here for my wife’s birthday having previously stayed when it first opened. I contacted Gary to arrange a few surprises for her and he was amazing! Came up with lots of ideas, very quick to respond and sorted everything out effortlessly. Check in was fab and the staff offered us a discounted room upgrade which was the best thing we did! Room was amazing, had a superior exec room I think it’s called with sit out balcony facing the runway and marina. Room was extremely spacious and clean, very high end and the beds were super comfy.Ate in La Sala as sky restaurant was closed, superb food and very good value for money! Service was fantastic and atmosphere was great. I will note that the casino was shut until end of Aug and we weren’t notified by our travel agent which was quite disappointing but didn’t ruin the trip. Pool area was great and again the staff were perfect.Overall it was an amazing stay, fantastic staff and super luxury and we can’t wait to stay again!

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank 1steffieweffie
Gary B, Guest Relations Manager at Sunborn Gibraltar, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear 1Steffieweffie

Thank you so much for such a wonderful review. It is very gratifying for me to see that so many of our staff fulfilled your expectations and served you kindly and attentively as you rightly deserve.

May I also thank you for your comments regarding myself, I'm so pleased that everything went well for you during your stay here with us all..

Your recommendation is highly appreciated and represents our best reward.
We look forward to having to the pleasure of warmly welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

I fell over a step that had no signs warning about it and one of the staff walked past and laughed at me while I was on the floor and now in walking around with a sprained foot. Also the pool was dirty had limescale all over it. Also out tv was broke and we got promised it would get fixed and it didn't we asked at the desk and it still didn't get fixed. 5* more like 1*

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Dholde621699.

Thank you for your feedback.

Each and every single one of your comments will be addressed with the departmental managers as, with your constructive feedback, we have been able to take the necessary remedial action to ensure that we resolve the issues and deliver a consistent quality of service.

Please accept my apologies for the shortfalls you experienced.

I have received your email and i have made a small reply to you and have asked you for a couple of days whilst i look into this.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Really clean, well deigned and extremely well located hotel in Gibtraltar. Small but nice pool by the deck bar, several restaurants and spa + gym. If you need a parking place for your car you need to reserve this in advance. Otherwise full marks for this comfortable hotel suitable both for business and holiday.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank urbanemson

Dear Urbanemsom

Thank you very much for sharing your comments further to your recent stay at the Sunborn Gibraltar Hotel. I am happy to read that you enjoyed the hotel together with its amazing location.

Your recommendation is highly appreciated and represents our best reward.

Reviewed 17 August 2018 via mobile

We came to Gibraltar for a weeks holiday and stayed on the sunborn. On the 1st we held our wedding and had our ceremony on top deck at the wheelhouse. Our stay here was amazing and our fairytale wedding came to life.
We have been invited back for our 1st wedding anniversary and upgraded to VIP for free :) .
See you next year sunborn

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family

Dear PinkFluffyUnicorn08

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay here on-board Sunborn.

May I firstly offer my congratulations to you both on your wedding may you both have many many happy years together.

I along with our teams are very much looking forward in celebrating your 1st year of marriage with you here on-board sunborn next year.

Reviewed 17 August 2018

From walking on board everyone is so attentive was my fourth time but was treating my mum who is 85 years young and her first time and would now like to try a cruise.The only thing that spoilt our stay was our meal in the La Sala restaurant was awful tough calamari needed to use a steak knife to cut it and a burger dry and tough even though I had asked for medium had better at McDonald's

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family

Dear Donna O

Providing the highest level of hospitality is our number one priority and we sincerely apologize for falling short of meeting your expectations. As a teachable moment, we have shared your feedback with the appropriate hotel team to ensure the necessary guidelines are in place to prevent the issues you encountered with your dining from occurring in the future.

I hope that you will not judge us on this one occasion and I will be happy to hear from you directly on you next visit to us where i will make arrangements with you that will restore your opinion.