“Excellent cocktails and tapas”
Review of Restaurant Sentits

Restaurant Sentits
Ranked #7 of 715 Restaurants in Tarragona
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Spanish
Reviewed 21 February 2017

We were staying in Tarragona overnight while en route to France and – quite by accident – we stumbled on La Placa de la Font in the heart of the old city. For a pre-supper snack, we picked this restaurant/bar out of the many surrounding the square and were very pleased with our choice. Generous portions of hummus and pimientos de padron plus two glasses of good wine set us back 16€; service was excellent and the atmosphere was busy but relaxed. Despite the season, we were able to sit outside and enjoy the buzz around us. We will certainly visit again if we are in Tarragona.

Reviewed 24 August 2016

Some very interesting and tasty salads! Friendly staff too. The atmosphere of the square is very relaxed and a great place to have breakfast, lunch, dinner or just drinks!

Reviewed 10 August 2016 via mobile

I went there with my mum. We wanted only a dessert and a hot drink. I ordered mint tea and profiteroles. I got black tea (what i did not mind) but the cream from the profiteroles was still frozen. I had two piece as I thought it could be ice cream. After I realised it was frozen whipped cream I asked my mum to try and see maybe I'm wrong. I wasn't. I told the manager this and she apologies and took these away. When I said I would not pay for the profiteroles she said she will charge 70% of the fee because I had 6 out of 9 profiteroles.

We chose this place because, although it was a bit pricier than others, we thought it might be worth it. To charge 4,90 euro in a restaurant for a dessert that was only unfrozen and decorated seems a bit unfair.

If they would not have charged me for the profiteroles, I would have not posted this. But poor customer service eventually results in online negative comments. Service industry should know this by now. I won't come back that's for sure.

2  Thank ElynkaElena
Reviewed 5 August 2016 via mobile

I had a lunch menu there. Food was from ok to not good. The squid with green peppers was ok, a bit salty. I did not like paella. And the cake was frozen inside, so they probably buy their food from the shop.
You know, a tourist resto.

Reviewed 2 July 2016 via mobile

The location of this tapas bar is great, right in the centre of the main square. We went on a Friday evening and it was full of atmosphere and hustle and bustle. My sister in law and I shared pimientos padron, patatas bravas and the cheese board, all of which was very good. The patatas bravas came with a kind of curry mayonnaise rather than the traditional tomato sauce but we both really liked it. Would go again.