“Authentic Catalan in Very generous portion”

El Terrat Restaurant
Ranked #23 of 725 Restaurants in Tarragona
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: We want to introduce you to the new El Terrat Restaurant. A project framed in the space of the Terrat Restaurant with the new address of the chef Quach, a young man of 28 years, trained at the School of Hospitality and Tourism of Cambrils who worked in restaurants of reference in France and in cities such as Madrid, Barcelona and the Costa Dorada. We invite you to come to enjoy this new stage. Welcome!
Reviewed 9 December 2017 via mobile

Iberico secreto and impressive tuna, tuna roe salad....and excellent services...hole in the wall but upscale setting...excellent service..

3  Thank Seck W

Reviewed 20 October 2017 via mobile

We were having an special menu for sunday. We sat in the terrace and was peaceful and nice, with sights to the sea. The menu was excellent in quality, nice and elaborated starters. After that, we had the main dish, rice with fish specialities and was delicious. The cost is ok for sunday, but during the week they have menu very cheap. A place to go absolutely.

1  Thank GlobeTrip78
Reviewed 17 September 2017 via mobile

The place is great, we sat on the terrace which has a great view of the city and port. The food is also very tasty, service could be a bit quicker.. maybe it was because we were sitting on the terrace... but is wprth a visit.

1  Thank Victor S
Reviewed 11 September 2017 via mobile

This is our second time at El Terrat. Last time we came to Tarragona was 2 years ago. I have to say the food was okay but we were let down a little. We rang in advance to book our table and were told 8.15 well we got there and were told they don't open until 8.30 I can only presume this got lost in translation somewhere. When we did finally get seated we wanted to be inside and we were put on a side of the restaurant away from the main part, although it wasn't busy at all. Upon leaving there were only 3 tables occupied and they all sat in the main part so I was little confused why we were separated out and I wasn't very pleased with the table. The food was really good, we ordered some tapas, fillet steak for main and dessert. The service was a bit of a let down, I think that was down to where we sat. No one came to fill up our wine or make a fuss like last time, perhaps they didn't have enough staff. Our food was overall tasty and interesting but fillet steak was really fatty. I was under impression this cut is supposed to be quite lean and I never been served anything like this so was left confused and just ate around the fat and left the rest on the plate. The highlight for us was the tuna fillet tapas, it was truly stunning. It was A very good place for dinner, and when you pay over 100 euro for dinner for 2 you just expect a little bit more in terms of service. I don't think we will be coming back again.

Reviewed 25 July 2017 via mobile

We had a breef stay in Tarragona and decided to try El Terrat for lunch after reading good reviews. It turned out to be very disappointing, both the food, service and price. One of us ordered a steak, and was asked if he wanted "normal" size, to which he answered yes. It was listed 24 euros in the menu (but could vary a bit with size). Huge pieces of meat arrived, half of it consisted of bone and fat, and we ended up paying 43 euros for the tastless, partly raw meat. This could clearly been informed better, and how they can justify charging 15 euros for a bone and fat beats me... We ordered a sause with the steak, which arrived 10 min after the meat had turned cold (also cost 5 euros) and potatoes, that turned out to be saggy, undercooked tasteless fries, as shown in the picture. The staff was friendly, but I would expect better information, and better timing of the servings. The lunch ended up costing 72 euros for two persons, no alcohol included, and neither were happy with the food. Way below average. I don't understand how this place has so good reviews, it doesn't deliver. No voy a regresar, ni pienso recomendarlo.

1  Thank Sara Ø