“Not like it use to be”
Review of La Masia

La Masia
Reserve with
La Masia is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #94 of 390 Restaurants in Sitges
Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 21 July 2016

It had been many years since the last time I visited this restaurant. Back then I remember the service was exellent and the food top quality. Now I wanted to show my boyfriend this restaurant which I loved so much 15-20years ago. When we arrived 9 pm it was absolutley no people here, it is a big restaurant so it felt a little spooky sitting there all by ourselves. The waiter seemed not very exited having us there, she looked tired and had no fun of beeing at work. But she brought us the famous tree with sausages - and here I cannot complain, they all tasted delicious!!!!! Yummi! I ordered gazpacho to start with, here it came another waiter to our table and she was very nice and friendly.The gazpacho was very good and tasteful with a lot of garniture. Then I had the salmon and shrimps for main course - also very good. Served with a boring salad. After 45 minutes it came a few other people to the restaurant so it felt a little nicer being there. The place is really pretty and the atmosphere could have been perfect if there were more guests. We stayed in Sitges city centre and had to take a taxi to get to La Masia, about 4 minutes drive. I don`t know if people know about this restaurant at all, I hope anyway that they will start to go there because it is really nice! And I hope the waiters working there will make an effort to really treat their guests special, like they do for example at El Trull.

Reviewed 23 April 2016

Classic old Spanish ! Terrific and fun start with a Sausage tree and farm house bread thick with tomato , be wary -- it is easy to get carried away and leave no room for your main event.
A wee bit " touristy " but not weakened by this , a real old restaurant with good food , great wine and pleasing attention from the waiting team , well recommendedd !!

Reviewed 20 March 2016

Fun place with good service and lots of space for little ones to run around. It's slightly pricey for the level of food, but the fixed menus (eg for the calcotada) are pretty good.

Reviewed 15 January 2016

Everything was extremely warm and cozy, from the welcome to the table next to the fireplace. We start with caracoles, a nice bottle of Atrepat ( thanks guys for the suggestion!!!) and we followed with the rabbit and the lag of lamb.

Nuria, the Manager, has been very accommodating and also took Us downstairs to see la "Bodega", a private dining room with an amazing collection of every kind of bottles.

Our waitress was very accurate in describing and suggesting the dishes.

We will definetly go back!!!

Reviewed 5 November 2015 via mobile

We dined in this restaurant twice during our weeks stay. The food is good and portions are substantial. It is a Mecca for meat eaters. The style is traditional and the staff are very warm and friendly. Some of our favourites were the steaks, the lamb shanks, lamb chops and the salmon. The house wine was good and prices were reasonable. As a small aside a member of our party who is a coeliac reported that the gluten free bread was excellent

1  Thank crum65