1,986 results
All reviews rooftop bar free tea and pastries spa pool afternoon tea sea view fresh lemonade sea front until noon little touches fifth floor dvd player huge bed free glass of cava three star fantastic hotel welcome drink opposite the beach
Reviewed 2 June 2012

I last visited in May 2010 and was very happy with my stay. Since then they've made enhancements - not that they needed to but the Pool area has been improved and the Breakfast selections are even bigger than before - how they manage this on a daily basis is beyond me!

Staff are always friendly and helpful, the location is great, right in the middle of town and at the weekends you don't hear much noise from the bars & clubs nearby.

The Rooftop bar is a great place to just hang out for a pint or two before heading out for the night. I'd definitely go back here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a Room with a Balcony, it's always nice to have somewhere to wind down if you don't want to be near sand or strangers!
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Darth_Ming
GerenciaSitges, Gerente at Hotel Platjador, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2012

Thank you, for the lovely things you said.
I guess the highest compliment we can be paid as accommodation providers, is to have guests return and enjoy their stay for another time, thank you for that and for your company. Thank you very much.

Reviewed 2 June 2012

My friend and I stayed here in April of this year 2012. Loved EVERYTHING about the hotel; location, breakfast, rooftop bar, bed, bathroom, decor, friendly helpful staff, even the parrots nesting in the trees! Only thing I didnt like was the fact that Id only booked in for 1 week instead of 2!

• Stayed: April 2012
GerenciaSitges, Gerente at Hotel Platjador, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2012

Thank you very much for posting such lovely comments, and we are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay here with us!

Reviewed 1 June 2012

This hotel is super cute and comfy. I requested while booking for a sea-view room but was told there were non available, but when I got to the room it was a sea view anyway so I was very pleased!
Our room was on the small size, but extremely comfortable. The rain shower was absolutely amazing!!!
The breakfast was also good but I could not try everything (of course) because there was so much to choose from. Unfortunately we only stayed there for one night so could not try more.
The staff is also very lovely, extremely friendly and helpful.
Also the rooftop bar is great for photo-taking!
We had spent 5 days in busy Barcelona so it was wonderful to have a little get away to Sitges. It's a relaxed town without being boring =)

We would definately stay in this hotel net time we're in Sitges. The hotel definately deserves it's 1# rank on Tripadvisor.

Room Tip: A room facing the sea, the higher the better!
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Monica M
GerenciaSitges, Gerente at Hotel Platjador, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2012

Thank you for your lovely review and for taking the time to post it on Tripadvisor.
Take care and we hope to see you next time you’re in Sitges.

Reviewed 1 June 2012

Regular visitor to Sitges and usually stay in an apartment. However, saw the reviews for the Platjador and thought I'd give it a go. Certainly wasn't disappointed - brilliant location, comfortable clean hotel, very friendly staff, great facilities, and a beautiful rooftop bar. I couldn't fault it.

Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank andyd96

Thank you for posting a review, it's really appreciated.
We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us

Reviewed 1 June 2012

Just back from my 11th stay at this hotel.
The Platja D'or & The the sister hotel the Galleon continue to be the top two rated hotels in Sitges, outperforming some of the more expensive resort offerings.
Everytime I come back, they have improved something else !!! This time the pool area has been upgraded with a therapy pool & fancy sun loungers.
In my previous reviews I have mentioned the great facilities, the great staff, the great breakfasts - it's hard to find any negatives... so I will try !!! Well the wi-fi ( if you need it ) I find very slow & you only get three days use, unless you renew your pass code. So maybe they could improve this.
The breakfasts are fab & served 8am until noon, so you can have a late start. They have a new Breakfast Manager, but to be honest the previous one was pretty darn good in my view...but the queue for the one coffee machine sometimes drives me nuts !! But hey, that's all I could say about improvements.
I love the place, the staff, it offers great value for money...the only trouble is that more people know about the place, so it's nearly always fully booked ( only 59 rooms).
I wouldn't stay anywhere else..I have been to Sitges over 30 times & my last 11 stays have all been at this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Narrabeam

Thank you, high praise indeed! And a big thanks you for taking the time to post a review. It´s great to see at guests again, we will work as hard as we can, to see you next year keeping up with the effort and illusion for making your stay in SITGES unforgettable. Thank you again!