1,986 results
All reviews rooftop bar free tea and pastries spa pool afternoon tea sea view fresh lemonade sea front until noon little touches fifth floor dvd player huge bed free glass of cava three star fantastic hotel welcome drink opposite the beach
Reviewed 10 March 2012

Out of season hence quiet.
Check in/out slow.
Breakfast - a mish mash of everything they can think of. The English breakfast is more of a cheap, Spanish variation.

Location - great for beach.

Rooms - massive beds. Nice shower. Balconies.

Amenities - nice roof top bar. Lovely pool, shame it's not heated. Hypothermia would have promptly ensued anyone taking a dip in march.

Would I stay again? Yes.

• Stayed: March 2012
2  Thank Ryanbruce
GerenciaSitges, Gerente at Hotel Platjador, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2012

Thank you very much for your kind comments in regards to your stay between us. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed many aspects of your stay, but I am somewhat disheartened to hear at the negative points. We have requested in Sitges council's since 5th December 2011, the licence that allow us, use hot water in the swimming pool, we hope receive this licence in a short period of time, to offer our guests hot water.

Reviewed 4 March 2012

Brilliant hotel ! Booked it based on previous reviews and it is every bit as good as they all say. Stayed two nights and could not fault anything about it, very reasonably priced, great room with the biggest comfiest bed ever, great breakfast and fantastic views from the roof top bar while enjoying free glass of cava. It is located on the seafront within easy walking distance of all the bars, restaurants and shops that Sitges has to offer.

Will definately stay again and highly recomment.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
GerenciaSitges, Gerente at Hotel Platjador, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2012

Thank you very much for posting a review and for saying such nice things, we're very pleased you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed 1 March 2012

Traveled here from Dublin on the feedback from Tripadvisors. Never thought of travelling further than Barcelona - what a find! I had a very late check-in but was met with an offer of a nice meal for 14 euros. Breakfast was really enjoyable and being able to take it outdoors was lovely. The room had a brilliant bed and a really great shower. The people onSA Reception were professional and informative. I must mention Vincentez, who was kindness personified and extremely professional. Thanks to him I found my bus back to the airport with a shortcut (walking). I have now already booked my next stay thanks to Tripadvisor.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank vipflyer

It was a pleasure to be able to host you and we are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay here in Sitges.
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Tripadvisor, it's certainly much appreciated.

Reviewed 27 February 2012

I stayed in this hotel about 12 years ago - standard beachside Spanish hotel. Then again this February - wow what a difference!

I will get the negatives out of the way first. I asked for a twin room but there was only one ( enormous) bed made up. Went to reception and asked for it to be swapped and he said it would be done in ten minutes. We then had to go back down to reception as the safe was locked but open. The receptionist came instantly to sort it out and I we mentioned the beds issue and he made a call for it to be sorted out. This time it was. Our other problem was that on the third day the room was not cleaned. We had been in and out but were out for a lot of the day and had left a sign on the door. The main thing was we needed towels and reception gave us some straight away and said we should have told them before 3 that the room had been overlooked.

My last gripe is the left luggage room is shared with the cleaners ( so not a lot of room) is tatty and smells of mothballs. There are however new lockers outside by the look of it which would be better.

Cannot stress how helpful and kind reception are, both the gentleman who was on evenings and Eva who was on in the day and sorted out a major problem with our transfers that erally wasn't her job to do and she went well over and above her duties . all the front desk staff could teach some 5 star hotel receptionists I have come across a lot about how to do the job well. This makes a huge difference. They are really a concierge service too. Fantastic.

We checked out the new pool area ( too cold right now of course) - amazing. It is real 5-star spa stuff - not for swimming anymore but lots of hydrotherapy functions. I really want to come back when its warmer to try it out!

The rooms are nice and bright with lovely comfortable beds and very good showers, well above average standard. It is worth paying the extra for a sea view in my opinion though with the exception of high summer. I think it might be too hot to sit out as the balcony is a sun trap. I think in summer I might go for a pool view but the view out is fabulous and is great for people watching. We used our balcony loads as it was sunny and warm enough.

The restaurant is just fantastic. the staff are great, the maitre d' speaks perfect English too, ideal for those whose Spanish has rusted up! If you stay in the hotel you get a free glass of cava with the meal. You also get a free glass upon arrival, a lovely touch. You also get cava at breakfast! The breakfast is just amazing. It is a brunch buffet really more than breakfast The choice of different coffees, juices teas is incredible and I cannot imagine you would want anything for breakfast they didn't have.

Overall this hotel is more than a three star, the whole experience of the stay is much better. Would love to go back

Room Tip: Rooms on teh front have the best view, with balcony
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank themurfsmum
GerenciaSitges, Gerente at Hotel Platjador, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post a review for us, it's really appreciated.
We're very flattered that you ' highly recommended ' us, thank you. We seem to have really terrific people stay here and you are no exception! Kind regards.

Reviewed 13 February 2012

We are Sitges regulars and have stayed in numerous hotels, our favourite being the Platjador's sister hotel "The Galeon". That closes during the winter so we thought we would give this one a try.

Everything about it was excellent. The only slight negative was the quality of the hot breakfast. It wasn't always that hot, and the choice was not as good as the Galeons. I put this down to being out of season and the hotel was very quiet. I'm sure that during the summer months it would be just as good. We booked room 303 which was a sea view room with balcony. It was stunning! The bathroom was smaller than in the Galeon, but was pefectly adequate.
A special mention must go to Carmel on the rooftop bar (this too was stunning). She was always friendly and cheerful!
Overall, I would not say that the platjador was worth the extra cost over the Galeon, but it's still reasonable. If location / sea views are important - go for it. You will not be disappointed!
Love Sitges / Love the Platjador!

• Stayed: February 2012
1  Thank Thomper_UK
GerenciaSitges, Gerente at Hotel Platjador, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2012

Thank you, high praise indeed! And a big thanks you for taking the time to post a review. It´s great to see at guests again, we will work as hard as we can, to see you next year keeping up with the effort and illusion for making your stay in SITGES unforgettable. Thank you again!