See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 24 August 2016 via mobile

This is 2nd time here
2nd floor, so stairs to use
The room standerd is ok
Bed is excellent, bathroom nice
Water pressure is very ok
Breakfast in the garden of the hotel Romantic, simple, but enough
Normaly you do not spend a lot of time on your room, so I did not missed a balcony, or large windows.
A plus is always a fan on the ceiling, and there is one
Aircondition too, but I do not use that

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends
Roberto C, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Medium Renaixenca, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2016

Hi park9, thanks for your great review. We look forward to welcoming you for the third time and we are really glad to be "your" hotel in Sitges.
Kindest regards

Reviewed 19 September 2015 via mobile

Lovely old building with unique old world charm. En suite rooms with air con. This is a sister hotel to the Hotel Romantic (where you check in and have breakfast). I thought that would be a disadvantage but it made for a quiet hotel. Rooms are immaculately clean. Friendly staff. Roof terrace and charming ground floor garden. I will definitely stay again.

Stayed: September 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 July 2015

I've often stayed in Romantic itself, but this time across the road in Renaixenca. As with the Romantic, it's a charming property. My room was well proportioned, with good air conditioning if you needed it. Breakfast is in the garden of the Romantic, which is a delightful space to start the day. All staff are great and welcoming. In the evening the early bar of Renaixenca presided over by the wonderful James is such a great place to start the evening, and put the world to rights.

A small suggestion - it would be good to include some soap, shampoo in the bathroom.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank Philip O
Reviewed 5 September 2014 via mobile

We have stayed here every year for 13years! It's not a high end hotel but that's why we love it! It's like staying in a big house. The room we stay in has a huge high ceiling, floor to ceiling French doors out onto a spacious balcony overlooking the garden. It has AC, TV, fridge, tea & coffee making facilities & a big ceiling fan if you don't like the coldness of the AC! The hotel is family owned and they make everyone really welcome. José Jr, Manuel, Tony and James (who and the bar under our room), he is a very special addition to the staff! No it doesn't have a pool...but the beach is 10mins walk away! Yes there are so many other hotels at a similar price or cheaper but we won't go anywhere else.

Stayed: September 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Tallgingerguy
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Myself and my friends said we'd splash out a bit and stay here instead of a hostel for the night. Let's just say the hostel would have been nicer. The most impressive thing i can say about the hotel is that the security is very good. The room wasn't entirely clean, the carpet was stained and the floors were tiled and I felt like I was in a conservatory, an ugly one.

The fuse box switch kept turning off anytime we used something electrical so we constantly had to flick the switch back on which got really annoying. It said breakfast was included when we were booking the hotel and then on arrival we were told it wasn't and to top things off the hot water wasn't working, so I had to have a freezing cold shower.

I would not go back. I told the staff about the problems when I checked out, I got an apology. Sorry to say it's not worth much to me. Really disappointed. Next time I'll stay in a hostel, I've never had to take a cold shower in one before.

Room Tip: simply don't go.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends