“waste of money”

Hotel Medium Renaixenca
Ranked #30 of 40 Hotels in Sitges
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Myself and my friends said we'd splash out a bit and stay here instead of a hostel for the night. Let's just say the hostel would have been nicer. The most impressive thing i can say about the hotel is that the security is very good. The room wasn't entirely clean, the carpet was stained and the floors were tiled and I felt like I was in a conservatory, an ugly one.

The fuse box switch kept turning off anytime we used something electrical so we constantly had to flick the switch back on which got really annoying. It said breakfast was included when we were booking the hotel and then on arrival we were told it wasn't and to top things off the hot water wasn't working, so I had to have a freezing cold shower.

I would not go back. I told the staff about the problems when I checked out, I got an apology. Sorry to say it's not worth much to me. Really disappointed. Next time I'll stay in a hostel, I've never had to take a cold shower in one before.

Room Tip: simply don't go.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 28 June 2013

Stayed here over pride weekend in sitges and the hotel was excellent value for money. The building is incredibly quaint with period furnishings everywhere. The garden square at the rear is perfect for sitting and chatting with friends or fellow guests. The rooms don't have airconditioning but fans but as I was hardly in, this didn't matter.

breakfast was included but as I had breakfast each day with friends who had an apartment overlooking San Sebastian beach, so I can't comment on the quality of the food.

The location is perfect, a few minutes walk from the train/bus station and turn the corner to the left of the hotel and you are on the main street.

Would recommend and stay again.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 July 2012

fabulous staff.... but the rooms in the front of the property I have to say are definitely the noisiest I have EVER stayed in anywhere, (and I have stayed in a lot of hotels) yes Sitges was mad as ever and busy with Pride weekend but the need to sleep and relax was not an option... albeit all this the staff were overly attentive and an asset to the hotel. I would definitely stay again as the hotel and the staff have unique character but the front door banging, the sound of fixtures being dragged along the solid floor at all hours and constant outside noise does your head in after too long....

Room Tip: get one away from the front door...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 February 2012

We had a great stay at this hotel. Our reservation was for the Hotel Romantic but they were booked out for a wedding party for the first 2 nites of our long weekend and though a room did become available we wanted to avoid the noise and were perfectly content going to the "sister" hotel around the corner. What a delight! We had a large room in the back on the 1st floor [the 2nd floor to Americans] with a wrought iron balcony overlooking the dry patio below. It was already "off-season" (being early October) but the days were still averaging around 80 and nites were in the 60s which was perfect for a high-ceilinged room with only a ceiling fan as a coolant. We were the only guests for the first 2 nights. The breakfast in the large courtyard of the Hotel Romantic was thoroughly pleasant! And located virtually in the center of town, it was convenient to most of the Sitges attractions. We would definitely go again . . . off season!

This is a great "hotel" for a weekend stay. And note, it is generally listed as a B&B so it lacks many of the amenities one "associates" with hotels (namely an elevator, room service & 24 hr staff). But has the charm associated with a B&B (homey, well-worn/old-world comfort).

Room Tip: Rooms on the lower floors in the back w/balconies looking down over the patio are the best . . . qui...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank jyancy13
Reviewed 26 December 2011

Opinions about this hotel are split between the ones that focus on the fact that the hotel is old and very worn and those who see the charm in it. And to some extent both a right. Even though we checked out of this hotel after the second night I have to say that there is some charm to this place. The garden where the breakfast is served is pleasant, the place has it's own character and can make you feel nostalgic about your grate-grandma's house.

But during the summer when nature tests your ability to adjust to the Mediterranean heat this hotel does not hold up. Not only is there no aircon, but the rooms get very hot and get no draft. Fans do not help at all. If you walk on the tiled floor with bare feet they get rather dirty from the ages dirty floor (at this point dirt on the floor is a layer of sticky somewhat oily coating).

Breakfast in the garden - good idea but there is not much breeze there as it is a fenced of small space.

Staff - I actually think that the staff is genuine and by saying so I mean that they won't share an extra smile but they mean well.

Now should you stay here? In spring or fall this might be charming. But I really think that coming here for lunch of just coffee in the garden is enough if you happen to have spare time and if you are in the area.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple