All reviewschurch bellsold citygreat characterbell ringingwinding narrow streetsnice loungeno liftorange juicecharming hotelthe ground floorjewish quartervery pleasant staystayed nightsearplugsbalconyhillkey
Reviewed 8 July 2017 via mobile

I booked this hotel on the day of my stay as a last minute decision and as soon as I walked in the doors I knew it would be a pleasant stay. The rooms are beautifully decorated and well serviced. I have no complaints about the standard of my room. I stayed in a single bedroom with a shared bathroom that was very clean and modern. The room included a small basin which came in handy. Magda, the lady in charge was incredibly friendly and provided a delicious spread for breakfast including fresh croissants, bread rolls, fresh fruit and juices which were not packet goods as I had expected. The hotel however is hard to reach by foot as there are many stairs to climb before reaching it. I recommend getting a taxi to this hotel unless you don't have a suitcase. Very pleased with my stay and highly recommend.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank Dreamer710990
Reviewed 17 April 2017

The property is in the Jewish quarter of the Old Town. We were advised to take a taxi as it could be hard to find in the maze of narrow streets. There is free parking nearby if you have come by car. On checking in we were given a key to the front entrance for after hours access.We fell in love with the place instantly. It has an authentic appearance with exposed stone walls in the ground floor public areas giving us a sense of the age and history of the building. The sitting room was a welcome alternative to spending evenings in our room. It was furnished with books, desk, art works, interesting archaeological artifacts and a much appreciated coffee machine. Our room was comfortable and clean and we could open the doors onto a balcony to enjoy fresh air and the sound of the church bells. Museums, restaurants, amazing views and tantalising winding narrow streets are all around.

Room Tip: Ask for a lower floor if stairs are a problem.
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank Lee5172
Reviewed 8 April 2017 via mobile

The location of this hotel is outstanding being next to the cathedral at the top of the hill in the old city. However, there are some important factors to bear in mind. There is no lift so if you are travelling with heavy luggage this can be an issue. The cathedral bells are rung every 15 minutes which is nice during the day but can disturb sleep during the night. The free wifi is only available in one room and not in the bedrooms.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 March 2017

In the very heart of Medieval Girona, this is a beautiful property, perfectly cared for, and well-attended by its staff. Breakfast is lovingly set out (coffee and tea, orange juice, fruits, breads, meats and cheeses, etc.), rooms are cleaned each day.

Room Tip: For someone traveling solo, room number 6 is a charmer.
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Deborah K
Reviewed 4 November 2016 via mobile

This is a small charming hotel that oozes character. Beautiful stone walls and tastefully decorated. Located in the old city, it is quiet yet central to shops, restaurants and bars. The staff is super friendly and serves a fantastic continental breakfast. You feel like home at this hotel.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple