“Great location but needs a reno”
Review of Bellmirall

and 1 more site!
Bellmirall
Ranked #16 of 20 Hotels in Girona
Reviewed 25 September 2007

The location of this place is great, right in the old quarter. The bells were a problem, though, gonging on the hour all through the night, and two times at that. The owner is very good at her job and obviously cares about her guests. Getting there by car is a bit difficult. The rooms were adequate although some new beds and updated bathrooms are in order. Still, very clean and an excellent value.

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled with family
3  Thank Michael060

Reviewed 1 September 2007

Trust all the other good reviews - this is a lovely hotel offering excellent value in the heart of the old town. I know it's a bit much to complain about the bells, it is a mediavel quarter after all, but take your ear plugs as you will need the window open on a warm night. The breakfast is superb and the service warm and friendly. The rooms are quite basic, and the aircon was via a rattly portable unit, but for the price it was excellent.

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank Paul M
Reviewed 24 June 2007

My partner and I stayed at the Bellmirall for 2 nights for a relaxing break after 6 nights in Barcelona. We knew we wanted to stay in Girona so after a bit of research I had found a few good reviews of the Bellmirall (in Time Out, Rough Guide, Telegraph online) so decided to book it there and then! You can;t reserve online so I called them from the UK and sent a cheque as a deposit for the furst night's stay.

I'm really pleased I found this place as it lived up to all of the good reviews. The people there were all so friendly and helpful. The building was so pretty and full of character. Our room wasn't the biggest we've had and the bathroom was quite small but it was very clean and perfect for our needs. We like to go out and explore rather than just sit in our room and watch TV. Like the other reviews, the breakfast was great. I woke up every morning to the smell of baking bread.

Everyone has mentioned the bells and that is where my partner and I were divided. Yes, you can hear them quite loudly and they do ring every 15 minutes - the cathedral is also slightly out of synch with the church so on the hour they chime a few minutes apart. I didn't have a problem sleeping with the bells at all. To me it adds to the atmosphere and makes you feel like you are on holiday. However, my partner did get a bit fed up of them and said they disturbed his sleep on the first night. You would have the same issue probably regardless of where you stayed in old town Girona, not just the Bellmirall.

I would highly recommend this hotel. It is in a perfect position and within a short walk of some great restaurants. It is unlikely we will stay in Girona again but if we did then I would definitely return here.

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Sarah S
Reviewed 3 April 2007

Lovely old stone place near the Cathedral. Ok the bells woke me up a few times the first night but soon got used to them. Small room but nice, nice breakfast, nice situation,nice ladies running the place, nice everything really, and all at 65 euros a night for 2 persons ! Similar place in UK would cost twice as much and probably not half as friendly. Going back again? Not half.

Stayed: March 2007
2  Thank JackDorset
Reviewed 17 December 2006

We came across Bellmirall by chance, walked in and asked if they had any rooms and they did. After being shown 3 different rooms we moved in, were given a key to the front door and stayed for 3 nights. The two young women running the place were very sweet, kind and helpful, let us stay on past checkout time in their cozy guest livingroom free of charge. The breakfast they serve included in the price of the room is quite good. bread, jams, cereals, coldcuts, juice, coffee etc. A very nice B&B located inside the old walls of the city.

• Stayed: December 2006, travelled as a couple