“Very Disappointing ”

Ranked #1,752 of 10,956 Restaurants in Barcelona
Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Barrio Gòtico (Barri Gòtic)
Description: Landmark of the city of Barcelona and Catalan modernism, it opened on June 12, 1897 in the basement of a building designed by the architect Puig i Cadafalch, on the street Montsió 3a and once was intended to bring to Barcelona the most bohemian Parisian atmosphere. Place of worship of intellectuals and artists of the time, it was the first refuge of inspiration for Pablo Picasso. In 2008, it was chosen by Woody Allen to host one of the main scenes in its film 'Vicky Cristina Barcelona', dedicated to the city. All this cultural and historic experience comes with exceptional gastronomy. All the dishes are prepared with proximity products and cooked with all the care and passion by our chef. Whitout any doubt, 4 Gats is a unique experience in Barcelona.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

4 Gats is a very average restaurant with above average prices. It has some fascinating history, but the food is heavy and not very inspirational in a city full of amazing restaurants.

1  Thank santagaryfe

Hi, santagaryfe;

We regret not having met your expectations. However, we wait for you on another occasion and I am sure that the experience will be better.

Thanks for your comment. A warm hug.

Write a ReviewReviews (4,292)

Reviewed 3 April 2018

It was 2016, and I still remember the extremely rude waiters, and lots of wasted time. I came there with a friend of mine and wanted to eat A La Carte, and they told me they were fullybooked in an empty restaurant. Anyway we got a table, and waited around 40min trying to get eyecontact from every waiter that passed by us, before we finally got to order. My friend wanted only to hold me a company, so I was the only one who wanted to eat there, and when the receptionist got to know that, they simply denied serving us and asked us to leave. How rude is that!? Just because I don't wear Gucci or Armani etc. doesn't mean you can treat people like trash. I will never recomend this place to anybody.

2  Thank Diana L

Hi, Diana L;

Thanks for comment.

We are glad that you commented that even though everything was booked our staff got a table for you and your friend, it was a detail of our staff, without a doubt.

It's also a detail that offers a table for two people taking into account that only ate one. I remind you that the tables are for four people.

Obviously we try to improve waiting times. Neither do we like to make our clients wait.

In our restaurant we do not allow entry with espadrilles or beachwear, but I assure you that we have never observed the clothing brand of any of our clients.

Thanks for your comment again and best!

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

This restaurant is extremely over rated! Food is mediocre, service is very bad, the people working there are rude with cold attitude!

Not recommend this place!

Hi, Dennis C;

We are very sorry that you don't like our restaurant.

We work to improve day by day.

Give us another opportunity ;-)

A hot hug.

Reviewed 25 March 2018

I sought this place out because of the history with Picasso..but it was a let down. The hostess was not very friendly. If you just want tapas you have to sit in the front small section. We decided to eat dinner so we were shown to the back room, which was quite charming. The waitress seated us at the worst table I've ever seen. It was a table for 4 but it was squished up against a wall and a post so that even 2 people couldn't sit across from each other. We asked to move. We then proceeded to watch her try to sit every single couple at that same terrible table and everyone asked to move.
The service was good, but the menu seemed very overpriced. I thought the girl at the piano was very good but it was odd background music.

Grup F, Social Media at 4 Gats, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2018

Hi, Craig Y;

Obviously our restaurant has two different spaces: the gastrobar that is to eat tapas, and the main hall for lunch and dinner. Logical that our service staff made you that observation.

On the other hand, we are glad that you liked the food. About the prices, we have them exposed at the entrance of the restaurant.

We also appreciate that you like our music at the piano, without a doubt it's a service that we offer so that our clients feel more comfortable.

Thank you very much and a hug.

Reviewed 23 March 2018 via mobile

The service was slow, the waiters seemed totally uninterested, the food was terrible. If I had treated a lobster the way they did, I woul have been ashamed. Never again!

Grup F, Social Media at 4 Gats, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2018

Hi, Orbrab;

We regret that we did not succeed in anything.

Obviously we can not like all the customers who visit us, but it is difficult not to succeed at absolutely nothing.

We appreciate your comment and wish you good luck.