“A bit odd!”

Price range: USD 0 - USD 29
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: El Raval
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

This is an interesting little place! It is very oddly decorated (what is with the giant gnome??) and the menu is bizarre. Their approach to timings is also odd. We got a big bowl of fries half an hour before anything else. Then two goat cheese and pepper dishes arrived (ok but odd), followed ten minutes later by what I can only describe as a deconstructed burger (nice) followed another ten minutes later by the mixed char grilled meats (nice). There was only one waitress who was run off her feet. She was nice though. The whole thing was very cheap. All in all it was very odd but not bad.

Reviewed 28 February 2016 via mobile

We used to love this place as just across the way from our home. Had not been for a few years but in the past enjoyed the simple and easy menu of salads, steaks and chicken. We called to book for 1pm and were told better to come at 1.30pm - which we assumed was when they opened but when we arrived there were already 4 tables seated or eating. We wanted a quick chicken and chips as needed to leave by 2.30 so we're already wondering why we could not come earlier. We were brought drinks to our outside table and then until 2.10pm did not see the waitress again ( the restaurant was not busy). I politely went in to speak to the lady (owner I presume) to ask when we might have our chicken- she defensively said chicken takes a long time to cook and they cannot hurry it. I went to sit back down. Ten minutes later I went in to speak to the male owner and it ended with him, his female companion and the waitress all drowning me out and arguing about the fact that chicken takes a long time. I tried in vain to put my point across that this had not been mentioned when we ordered it indeed indicated on the menu and that nobody had come to speak to us in almost an hour which was the main problem - not even to see if we needed anything while waiting or apologise for the delay. The waitress just glared and said rudely "You had your drinks what else did you want? " I ended up having this argument in full view of all the customers while all the owners did was talk over me about the cooking time of chicken. We left and won't go back. Rude, unprofessional and never been treated like it in a restaurant - they just could not care.

2  Thank emsbcn
Reviewed 22 December 2015 via mobile

Went there a couple of days ago and we had a great time. For 25 euros each we had almost endless top quality food and drink. Special mention to the staff who was really friendly since we arrived until we left 4 hours later.

Reviewed 29 November 2015 via mobile

Came here for a birthday lunch and the food was top notched.

We started with some tapas folled by a salad with strawberries, topped with vanilla ice cream and balsamic vinegar drizzled through. Sounds like a strange combo but wait till it hits your mouth. Sheer heaven at the end of the fork.

This was followed by a well prepared mixed grill platter with potatoes. The butifarra is not to be missed.

As we had birthday cakes, we skipped their dessert.

With all the food and drinks, we paid a mere 21€ per head.

If you've wondering if you give this place a try, don't hesitate.

Reviewed 20 October 2015 via mobile

Had a nice family meal here recently and I couldn't really fault the food or the service. The only thing I didn't like was the slate plates. Actually everyone at the table thought the same, we were all trying our hardest not to scrape the plates with our cutlery!
Apart from that little thing everything was good and I will certainly be coming back.