“Good food at convenient location”

Thai Barcelona Royal Cuisine Restaurant
Reserve with
Thai Barcelona Royal Cuisine Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #671 of 10,193 Restaurants in Barcelona
Price range: USD 35 - USD 65
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Eixample
Description: In September 1998 Thai Gardens Barcelona opens its doors for the first time. At the time the city lacked thai cuisine restaurants. Opening our doors to the public every single day throughout these past sixteen years, we have seen how the offer of Asian cuisine was growing in Barcelona and how, at the same time, our role as Royal Thai Cuisine ambassadors was being consolidated. Our restaurant is the result of the efforts of a great team that day after day transform any meal in a pleasant moment in the ancient kingdom of Siam.
Reviewed 20 February 2017

We missed Asian food so chanced upon this restaurant in Barcelona. Food is pretty authentic. Price is reasonable. It's located near Passeig de Gracia metro. Short walk from Zara Home. Strongly recommended.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,308)

Reviewed 7 February 2017

We went here on a recommendation from a friend. We were not disappointed. The restaurant itself is very upscale inside. The flowers and decorations were quite stunning. The service was excellent, and the food was fantastic. I strongly recommend getting a reservation for dinner. It gets packed even in the low season.

Reviewed 10 January 2017

We decided to find a Thai restaurant at the last minute and stumbled upon this place. The decor itself looked promising but within minutes we started to regret it.
We arrived at the restaurant at 13:15 and the staff were happy to seat us right away. However, for the first 20 minutes, we were treated to an orchestra of waiters noisily arranging cutlery, glasses and dragging chairs around. Needless to say, the lovely ambiance intended by the relaxing music was completely shattered.
The staff themselves look as though they would much rather be doing something else than serving you. Very very poor service overall.
The food itself was average. Don't bother.

Reviewed 8 January 2017

As a thai cuisine fan I may tell this is not the most authentic kitchen, but it's tasty in its own way. The service is good enough, the location and the interior contribute much for the good overall impression.

Reviewed 4 January 2017

Due to my food intolerance for shellfish my husband really hunted for a restaurant that would be special for New Years Eve during our weekend break to Barcelona
It was a fixed menu at E80 pp with a deposit of E80 to secure the booking
I emailed the restaurant direct to check out the menu and found a lot of fish on the starter menu. I requested a vegetarian option for the starter-the meat was fine for the main courses. This was agreed. The restaurant is beautiful inside but immediately a problem as the female manager (owner) said I should have warned them about my diet requirements. She backed off when I showed her the email from themselves on my phone. The starters were ok-nothing great but then I was presented with tofu for my main course. Another discussion about what I had advised them and the vegetarian dishes were removed to be replaced by cold rice-inedible lamb and awful cold veal. I have been to Thailand and never seen veal or lamb served there and I bet if it was it would not have been cold and fatty. We could not eat any of it-it even looked awful. Dessert was no better and we paid the E80 balance and left-hungry and pretty annoyed. The table behind us were in the same situation but good for them they were refusing to pay the bill as the meal was so dreadful. We cut our losses but what a waste of money and what a disappointment after the other reviews. Can only assume mass catering is not their forte which means they should think twice before doing it again. I have emailed the restaurant direct but no response. Why should they bother-they had our money but they certainly will not be getting a repeat visit. Avoid like the plague it is awful

Salvador C, C.M. at Thai Barcelona Royal Cuisine Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2017

We do bother, Norma, and we do also learn from our mistakes, which in your case were several. Let me tell you about them but not before a huge apology for ruining your New Year's Eve dinner. It's not our goal to displease our clients... "au contraire" the entire team that works at Thai Barcelona works hard everyday to provide our clients a memorable memory of their visit to our restaurant.
About our emails before the dinner I didn't understand that you mixed the starters of the vegetarian menu with the main courses of the New year's eve menu. I don't want to justify the unjustifiable considering my indications about your food intolerance where assigned to another table by a member of our staff and as the icing on the cake some of the main courses got to you cold.
We are truly sorry and I'd like you to extend to your husband our apologies too. In your next visit to Barcelona we will be really pleased to host you again to show you what we are capable of when we do not chain mistakes upon mistakes... with no cost for you of course.
Despite we've recognized our mistakes I think we do not deserve such adjectives you're using to describe the work of half a hundred people. So please consider seriously to give us a second chance and let us invite you to revive Thailand through the palate.

I remain at your disposal for any clarification,

Salvador C