“Superb local Catalan restaurant”
Review of Merce Vins

Merce Vins
Ranked #327 of 11,030 Restaurants in Barcelona
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Barrio Gòtico (Barri Gòtic)
Reviewed 11 August 2017

First and foremost, I apologise as I normally write my humble comments in two languages: this one and my beloved BASQUE language. But Tripadvisor bans BASQUE language. Here my complain abour languages at Tripadvisro and my review of Merce vins tabern
First of all, it will be difficult for you to find but it is worth to get lost to find the place wandering at the Barrio Gotic.
Second, if you eat with your eyes, please, go to a chain restaurant; Barcelona is full of those but if you like local catalan food, get inside.
To finish: Enjoy, I tried hot tripes: Superb but I also tried my wife’s (gazpacho) and sons’ dishes (paella) and they were very good. As we went for lunch in Friday, we had the daily menu at 13 euros, very good with a lovely tiramisu to finish it.

1  Thank Lapurdiko 4

Reviewed 1 July 2017 via mobile

They are such generous people! They gave us free desserts and the gazpatxo was amazing! Though the croquettes could have been a bit more crispy; the fried eggs with sausage were absolutely delicious

Reviewed 2 June 2017 via mobile

If you only have time for one meal in Barcelona, make sure this is the place you take it.
A typical and simple, but clean, setting, the best gazpacho (gaspatxo), very nice croquettes of monk fish with shrimp.
MUST try the Galician octopus. It's palate blowing! It comes in very thin slices, on a bed of also thinly sliced boiled potatoes, seasoned with paprika. And it gets better with each bite...
Fried eggs with Xistorra (a kind of chorizo-tasting sausage) is a bit heavy and salty, but the flavor is exquisite. Good for two, better for three.
Service is rushed but attentive. And almost no waiting for the food to arrive.
Not expensive, especially considering the overall experience.
This place is Gaudi for the tongue.

Reviewed 30 May 2017 via mobile

I highly recommend this place! We came across this hidden gem by chance. It is simply amazing.
Try the gazpacho and cod fish in tomato sauce! The octopus with boiled potato is also divine with the cava white wine! Top experience!!!

Reviewed 4 May 2017 via mobile

We were looking for a cool beer on a hot afternoon. Fantastic atmosphere and really busy with local people. Paella was the best we have had. Staff welcoming and friendly. Highly recommended.