“Barcino147 is the only place to stay when visiting Barcelona”
Review of Barcino 147

Barcino 147
Ranked #7 of 308 Barcelona B&B and Inns
Reviewed 14 February 2012

Beyond the fact that Barcino147 is an amazing location on Gran Via, it had the feel of a home away from home. I spent 7 days at this old world style decor bed and breakfast and was so impressed at how spotless the place was throughout. I was hosted by Mauro, Marta and Ferran who delivered nothing short of an A class experience. Breakfast was made available each morning and the rooms are beyond beautiful as well as a nice quite place to sleep at night. I suggest visiting here and renting out an entire floor with your friends and/or family so that the entire party of 10-14 people can stay together, but be able to close off the bedroom door for privacy as needed. If you have never been to Barcelona, make plans to go. What an amazing place on earth!

Room Tip: Choice of room with private bath or without. One bed or two.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
6  Thank Lea W

Reviewed 6 February 2012

My friends and I stayed at Bacino147 for a few days. The place was very clean and we loved our rooms. A couple of nights we came back with good bottles of wine and they told us to put them in a special refrigerator. When we checked in, the manager, Mauro was lovely. He gave us a map and pointed out everything that we would want to see. The check in and check out was fast and all of the staff was extremely pleasant.

I was a bit surprised to see some reviews complaining about how expensive the tours were. We took the Barcelona tour and it was fantastic!

I would recommend this bed and breakfast to anyone who wants to stay in a great area and who enjoys walking and exploring the city. We found a fabulous farmers market three blocks from the B&B.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
7  Thank Heather T
Reviewed 5 February 2012

Barcino147 was lovely and quirky. Spotlessly clean and tidy. The evening get together in the kitchen with free wine and cheese was a lovely touch provided by Ferran. All the staff were very helpful with a special mention to Ferran and Mauro who were a pleasure to talk to and nothing was too much trouble. We were a party of 10 and almost took up the second floor.
Not too far to walk to Las Ramblas, great shopping and restaurants
My tip if you are on a short visit and want to see the city, is to take the Barcelona tour recommended by Ferran, it takes around 4 hours and you get to see most of the sights in Barcelona that you would never get time to see and some you had never even thought of! Loved Barcino147 and would definitely book again on a visit to Barcelona.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank David F
Reviewed 22 January 2012

The best parts about this B&B are simply, location and breakfast. Breakfast will not be fancy but the good thing is that it is very conveniently available in a home type setting. There won't be much privacy, nor very good customer service. But, being a few blocks from the Playa Catalunya makes it a good, safe choice. So simply decide based on cost, on this one! What we paid was probably 20-30 euros per night costlier than what it seemed to be worth, but then doing a price comparison in the neighbourhood, we felt it was ok.
The only real negative we took away was that it was certainly not very child friendly. At least not for very small children. It's fine for older children, say above 7 or 8 years of age, but for younger kids, seems to be an issue.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank Madhusudhan C
BarcinoB&B, Gerente at Barcino 147, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2012

First of all I want to make clear that we ARE and ALWAYS WILL BE a child friendly establishent.
Through our 10+ years of doing business, we´ve had children of all ages and nationalities without incident. We even had pets in our B&B without a single problem!

I wish you would´ve communicated with me regarding your child at any point of your stay, to address your needs at the time. Even though I had to move guests from your adjacent room because of the noise coming from your room, I never made any comment that could have make you feel uncomfortable, which I probably should have, considering the negative feedback I´m getting from you now.

Reviewed 20 January 2012

I had the pleasure of staying at Barcino 147 for three nights. Barcino 147 was the perfect base for my short three-day stay in Barcelona. The beautiful room was furnished with style and an eye for detail that ensured comfort and relaxation. Self-service breakfast was great and vigorous. I would highly recommend this centrally located B&B to anyone who is looking for high-quality accommodation in Barcelona.

Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family