We stayed 2 nights at the beginning of our Spain trip and 1 night one week later prior to our flight back home. Overall it was an interesting, new and exciting experience. The front desk staff are very friendly and helpful. I would recommend this hotel as long as you are open to the "chic-ness" and "basic-ness" of the hotel.
- Close to Barri Gotic (5-10 min walk) and La Rambla (15 min walk)
- Born area is a youthful area full of life from day to night
- The Large interior room lived up to its name (large)
- Free unlimited cold bottled water! Tea and coffee too in the guest lounge.
- Basic white rooms appeared clean. LED colored lighting of beaded curtains in the room was a cool touch.
- Natural Sky lighting in the ceiling of room.
- Free disposable slippers for two.
Things that we encountered that were issues for us but may not be issues for other guests:
- For our second stay, our room was not ready until 45 minutes after the hotel check-in time.
- No elevator for rooms on floor 1 (the same floor as gym). We had some heavy bags.
- Our room had a sewage smell that was covered by an air freshener. Initial entry into room has the strongest sewage smell, but the continuous air freshener spray blended odor to an okay level. However, we received the same room on our second stay and the air freshener was not spraying. When we requested a different room, we could not switch because they were completely booked.
- No internet in-room. WiFi in the Lounge area and a desktop available to guests in same area.
- No safe in the room and no full closet. The safe is at the front desk and there is a coat hang and a plastic drawer set in the room.
Other things to consider/know:
- Chic style may not be for everyone.
- If you need it, the front desk staff do speak other languages including English.
- Hair Dryer in-room. No Iron in-room.
- You'll need a plastic card (e.g. card key) to turn on the electricity in your room.
- About a 30-35 Euro Taxi ride to or from Barcelona Airport.
I hope you enjoy Barcelona!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A hotel that combines the traditional with the futuristic in a privileged environment: a building that is more than 100 years old with spectacular ceilings over seven metres high and spaces designed to surprise and enjoy. Its rooms, with an original glass shower in the room, are chameleon-like: you can change the colour depending on your mood. The passageways, full of enchantment and mystery, mutate with colour changes from the lights in the rooms. Enjoy our “Beyourself” and “Helpyourself” area in the common area where you can relax listening to music, reading any of our books or having a coffe, tea or water for free. Also, if you want to move about the city at your own pace, bicycles are available to rent. Once you try them, you won’t want to use any other transport in Barcelona. You can also enjoy our chic&basic tour, a two hour walk through Ciutat Vella in which we will mix history with some curiosities, as well as gastronomic and nightlife suggestions. Enjoy it on Tuesdays, Thursdays or Saturdays at 10:00am. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia APAC, Wotif.com, lastminute.com.au, Agoda, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your chic&basic Born Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chic And Basic Born Hotel
- Chic Basic Born Hotel
- Hotel Chic Basic Born