Hotel Medium Prisma
USD 510*
USD 474*
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Casa Camper Hotel Barcelona(Barcelona)
USD 416*
  • Breakfast included
USD 249*
USD 172*
NH Sants Barcelona(Barcelona)(Great Value!)
USD 132*
USD 269*
Praktik Garden(Barcelona)(Great Value!)
USD 106*
USD 100*
All reviewsbarcelona santssants train stationhappily stay here againgood nights sleepdouble roomthin wallsmin walkweekend breakcleaned every daybooked this hotelmini barla ramblacitymaidtaxieurosramblas
Reviewed 29 September 2017 via mobile

The staff it was very kind and helpful. We were 5 friend and we stayed for 2 nights in a double and a triple room.
The room for the 3 of us was very nice, clean, modern and spacious, although it was still visible some marks of the remodelation.
The double room, in a lower level, it was very small and old, nothing like the first.
The breakfast is kind of simple.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 September 2017

Stayed here for a few nights which we did the tourist stuff in Barcelona. Location wise it's OK. You got Barcelona Sants about 15 mins walk away. Other subway stations are about 5-10 mins. Shops you have about 4/5 3-4 mins away (This also includes coffee shops) The room is quite small but nice. The shower is really nice too. I would happily stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

Rooms are alright, pretty small but space effective. Most importantly, they were clean. Breakfast could have been better, I wold love to see some bacon, scrambled eggs and/or beans. Nice staff, the people in the lobby speaks well English.
Safe uses a key, which sucks to carry around. Costs extra.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 July 2017

This hotel is located about 5 minutes walk from Diagonal and is within 10 minutes of the nearest metro station. It is close to the tram line so travelling to and from the university area is easy. The lobby area is inviting and fittings are of reasonable quality. The staff were helpful and forgave my terrible Spanish.

I didn't try the breakfast as it was 8 Euros and I felt I could get it cheaper in the city -- in hindsight this was a mistake. As the city is so expensive I couldn't get a decent breakfast cheaper anywhere so I would suggest taking the breakfast in the hotel.

The room itself was on the 4th floor right by the stairwell. The room was pretty small although the bathroom was a decent size. I asked for a double room but was given a room with two twin beds pushed together. This is not the same as the sheets are only single sheets so you end up just sleeping on one of the beds. There was no key to the safe which was annoying. The shower was pretty weak and the shower screen did not have a proper seal on the bottom so water flooded the bathroom after every shower with no drain in the floor to allow it to leave. The floors of the room and the corridors are tile so noises like people talking or the shutting of doors were heavily amplified. This, combined with a small bed with a lumpy mattress meant that I slept badly every night I was there which was a real shame.

On the plus side, the room was cleaned every day and the general standard of cleanliness was good. Internet was also reasonable and so working in the room was possible but not the most comfortable.

Considering the price of hotels in Barcelona, I suppose this place was quite good value but I would still opt to pay a bit more to get a better place to sleep.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 July 2017

The hotel is alright for what it is. It's close to the shopping center, but about 20-45 mins away from tourist attractions and the beach. The shower was a little impractical - it was nearly impossible to take one without soaking the whole floor.

The Front Desk team and the rest of the staff is friendly and tries to be helpful when they can. However, the manager Anna was an incredibly frustrating person to deal with.

On their check out card it states that check out time is 12 am. We were confused as standard check out time is noon. We asked the front desk staff to clarify if there was some sort of misunderstanding but he confirmed 12 am as in midnight. With no where else to go the night before our flight we had no choice but to book last minute accommodations at a hostel for the night.

This trip was booked through our travel agent, and I reached out to her just in case she was unaware about this oddity. To my surprise, she emailed me back saying she had spoken to the front desk, and they confirmed checkout as noon!

We spoke with the same front desk staff member from before, where he apologized for the mistake but offered nothing to help us other than a complimentary breakfast but only after we became insistent. We asked to speak to the manger who wasn't in to the next morning around 10 am.

Speaking with the manger Anna had to be the most frustrating experience of my life. Though my ability to speak Spanish is limited, I understand it quite well. We explained the situation to her, but I could tell from her tone that she was going to be of little help. She refused to accept any responsibility and implied that it was our fault for not understanding 12 AM in Spain is different than 12 AM in Canada. Even the hostel confirmed that what they have printed on their check out card is incorrect! We received a temporary resolution provided by the hostel NOT the hotel. If they could sell the beds, they wouldn't charge us for the night. Anna told us she and the staff would continually check in with the hostel to see if it had been booked, but when we returned at 10 pm that day there was no update for us.

The next morning, we had to check out. We asked the concierge if there was any new updates, but there was nothing. Only after we asked, did he call the hostel who confirmed that they would be charging us 64.00 EUR. We asked what is going to be done for us, and he offered nothing. We asked him to call Anna as she was not in, and she offered nothing. Arguments back and forth were clearly going no where. The poor staff member told us they would offer to pay for something else, I asked them to pay for the taxi to the airport as this would cost about 30 EUR, and instead they offered to pay for the train which cost 8.00 EUR. Pressed for time, we no choice but to call a taxi ourselves. We asked for the number of any supervisor we could speak to, but they refused to provide one for us.

We were only in Barcelona for 3 days, but this definitely soured our experience and our mood, and because of that would not recommend this place or any of its chains to any friends/family in the future.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends